ljcii

Good headphones from 180 to 220

Towards the year-end, i was hoping to save up around 180++ dollars.

Currently using denon ah-c351. I am quite satisfied with the sound quality already (unless there are really really much much better ones out there) i am only unsatisfied with the soundstage. So hopefully u guys can recommend me a headphone of better soundstage and around there or better SQ. any other recommendations or suggestions are also greatly appreciated.

(btw i haven't heard any of the high end headphones before.)

Edited by ljcii

You could consider try the Audio Technica ES7 or Grado SR80, although not well known for soundstage but compared to your IEM, these should be good.

-ohn' date='3 Jun 2008, 10:06 AM' post='100847']

You could consider try the Audio Technica ES7 or Grado SR80, although not well known for soundstage but compared to your IEM, these should be good.

im sorry i forgot to mention in-ear-headphones.

@windrider

RE1 is 150ohms. i use the walkman phones. i doubt my phone can power it up>.<. I can't afford a player for now so im using the walkman phones. at the year end i'll also buy a player. Maybe some of you can recommend me some players too.

For a clearer target of my choice i'll be looking for one with a wider soundstage. (the denon doesn't seem to be able to picture the front and back sounds) while sounding warm with crisp highs.

Edited by ljcii

Go to Jaben Networks on the 4th floor of The Adelphi (the building opposite Funan).

The atmosphere and people there are so friendly that I think you'll forget any qualms about trying headphones at shops. Reviews and words are not representative of what a headphone would sound like to you.

So if you can help it (and you surely, can) do drop by for an audition.