neutralzz

Is it only me or nobody gets a "ear-ache" from Grados anymor

I have been using my SR80 for just over a month. I think the bright sound you get may be more a thing with the amp. I tried my Grados on my home hifi (Arcam) and it is smoother and ... less bright. But I think it is also a matter of getting it burnt-in.

As for the pain (exterior) try gently stretching the head band outwards. I did that and it got alot better.

the nuforce icon is surprisingly warm and mellow, never bright. i have had the sr80/sr225 eons ago, and i used to use it with a musical fidelity amp headphone out.. with a couple of tube ampls and what not, it still has the same sound signature.

at least grados/alessandros for me right now's just for a cheap thrill, maybe listen a little a bit for the highs and what not, but definitely not for long duration listening.

my equipment often goes for relentless long durations of burn in, i've left my headphones blaring away for over a week or more a couple of times. at least to my hearing, grados/alessandros dont give you a horizontal linear response. they tend to augment the highs a lot more.

The 325i sounds really dynamic and engaging during a short 10 min audition at Jaben. Didn't sound bright or etched; just really bouncy, larger than live even.

I thought the GS1000 sounds bright but the PS-1 is pretty well balanced and liquid; both on ZD.

Dear all,

I just a pair of SR80 from Stereo and I agree with some bros here that it tend to sound a bright (I hope it will better after burn in) and it is quite uncomfortable to wear for long period. I did stretch the head band outward a bit and i think it is better now or I am getting use to it, I dont know ha ha!

However I have a question to ask, with the Grado I need to switch the volume on my PSP and laptop to max to get decent volume, in this case is an amp needed to drive the Grado? If yes what will be the suitable amp for Grado? It sounded just nice with the Marantz CD6002, I wonder whats wrong here.

BR,

Eric