Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rudy

The Ultimate Wireless Headphone Shootout

Guest Rudy

I am looking for a wireless headphone to use while sitting back in the comfort of my bed. I did some research and came up with this list below. I am not aware if all are available in singapore. I dont know the pricing either.

I am coming to sing for my holidays after my current semester for a month's break and am looking to buy a pair. Please Help me out.

One major concern i have is that i am using a 2.4Ghz wireless Belkin router and also a 900 Mhz cordless phone. I do not want any interference in the signal of either my router, phone or headphone. Therefore i am thinking twice about buying RF and instead am thinking of IR. Pls tell me if there is nothing to worry abt and if any corrective measures are to be taken, what are they.

This brings us back to the start and below i am listing most (if not all) of the high end Wireless Headphone units which are worth eying. Anyone owning either of them or more than one of them are welcome to post replies regarding their sound quality in within a 7m range with no walls in between. Posts regarding their price and where they are available are also most welcome. If there are any other models which you think are worthy of being on this list, pls tell me.

Note: Sennheiser RS 140 and 130 have not been included because they do not even provide digital surround.

1) Pioneer SE-DIR800C

2) Sony MDR-DS6000

3) Sony MDR-RF5000K

4) Sony MDR-DS3000

5) Audio Technica ATH-DCL3000

6) Panasonic RP-WH5000

7) Panasonic RP-WF6000-S

Thank you all very much.