Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Looking for new portable music player...or help revive an iRiver H320

Just like to know anyone encountered all battery segment empty when I increase the volume ( it's fully charged before that ) ? Restart the player & it's o.k. again. It's will happened when I increase the volume.

I just got it from Amazon.

Thanks.

Edited by Jeremy

You received your new Sony player? How does it sound?

Sorry for the super-late reply. Should have checked back here more often but I thought the thread had gone dead.

Yes, the Sony player arrived a few weeks ago and while I can't compare it directly to my now-dead iRiver, the Sony still sounds great! It does seem to be a bit more bassy than the other devices I've previously used (CD players included). I had the EQ on neutral for a while and then decided to up the ClearBass one notch and it reminds me of the sound I used to hear on my friend's Sony CD player. They probably all use the same bass-enhancing algorithm.

Overall the combination is excellent at this stage...my headphones supply the mids and highs, amp is good for bass and adds warmth to the mids, and the MP3 player supplies the bass. I'm honestly surprised considering I never thought much about the name of Sony.

Worcell.com sells the 2200mAh battery for the H3xx, and it's based locally. It's a slightly tight fit, but it fits.

I have the suspicion that the internal circuit of the iRiver is fried, not just the battery itself. With my amp for example when the battery last went dead, I simply removed the batt and when hooked up to the adapter the amp worked as normal. The iRiver seemed to have the same circuit when I opened it to remove the batt, but when I hooked it up to the adapter nothing happened. It became warm but that's it. Definitely fried.

Worcell.com sells the 2200mAh battery for the H3xx, and it's based locally. It's a slightly tight fit, but it fits.

Thanks.

I had replaced my battery for my H340. It's a bit tight as wat u say & it's working fine right now.

Try listening using my ACS T1 on the H340 & Iaudio7. My second thought is the H340 & Iaudio7 are both very good players indeed. SQ for both are amazing. Iaudio7 battery life is excellent ( battery segment never dropped after 6 hours of continue playback ). I got my H340 from Taka & that's was I think 4 years back ( can't really recalled ). Initially, got the H10 but later exchanged for the H340 ( look very robust ). No regret in SQ.

I was wondering how are today Iriver mp3 player SQ as compared to my H340.

Edited by Jeremy

It's probably weird to put this here, but then again, maybe not.

I bought a new battery for my 'dying' H320 (works for iPod 1st/2nd gen. as well), only to realise later that it was fine after all.

Anyone needs such a battery? Not for free of course, but I can do the replacement if you want.