Sign in to follow this  
evilmerlin

iBasso P3 Heron!

Introducing the iBasso P3 Heron!

Here's the blurb from the website.

The P3 Heron is ready except the enclosure. Once we get the enclosure supply, we will release the P3.

The P3 has 6 sockets for opamps and buffers. It can load single or dual opamps. It is powered by 6 AAA batteries or the adapter. We will provide a free opamp rolling kit including some opamps and buffers for the P3 owner.

IPB Image

Very excited about this, should make for lots of fun times with opamp rolling. Looks quite simple though, hopefully it'll sound good.

Edited by evilmerlin

Yup and if you've no need for a DAC but want to roll opamps then this one should do just fine. The only thing is how it sounds as I'm pretty sure the circuitry and capacitors are a factor not just the opamps (though they have the largest impact)

I wonder whether the circuitry will model after the P2 or D2. D2 Viper's will make the better choice I feel, seeing how the head-fiers have came up with many great opamp combos for it.

Some guys on head-fi have commented that it looks quite similar to the D3 Python but most circuit boards look the same anyway so we won't know until someone gets a closer look.

Oh and it should be available in about 9-10 days when I asked iBasso about it.

Edit: Cost is US$179 including shipping.

Edited by evilmerlin