Sign in to follow this  
ical

iMod and Ultimate Link Silver Master-i?

Which generation is the iMod? If its the 4G, then you can because the capacitors are already in the iPod. 5/5.5G you'll need to connect the iMod to external capacitors with the Silver Master before using another Silver Master to the amp.

I'm thinking of sending my iPod Gen5 for iMod. Presently I have the Ultimate Link Silver Master-i which I like it very much. So thought of using it as well as to save cost of getting another additional ic.

Edited by ical

You can still use it but you'll need to either purchase ALO Portable V-Caps or make your own or you can try contacting uberburger101 on Jaben to see where he got his sonicaps from.

IPB Image

Picture courtesy of uberburger101. Note that thats only normal iPod but you'll need that set up if you're wanting to use your silver masters.

Edited by evilmerlin

Thanks evilmerlin for all the info. Just emailed Stereo and they do custom made Ultimate Link Silver Master-i for iMod which use 2pcs of 4.7uF blackgates caps.

Edited by ical

This is how uberbuerger101's rig can be carried around. It can also be strapped to the belt.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Nothing ever has to be removed, either the amp or the ipod, when charging is required. It can also be plugged in for desktop use with other equipment without removal of the contents, except for perhaps for the change of cables for the necessary applications in question.

Edited by Tubeman

sweeeeeet tubeman. but does that mean you can only use it with a particular set up? meaning like it wont fit snugly for another amp/cap?

For the amp section, it will fit the iqube perfectly but can also be used for smaller amps. For a good fit, high density sponges will work.

As for the caps section, it fits the Valgrind portable caps perfectly (ie. the one that you can see above, owned by uberberger101). It will also fit caps that are smaller in size if you can find them and of the same configuration. It will not fit the ALO V-caps as they are too big. I did not make use of V-caps due to the size - portability becomes compromised. While sonicaps caps are much smaller, sound is not compromised - infact some have chosen them over the oimp v-caps.

Edited by Tubeman

For the amp section, it will fit the iqube perfectly but can also be used for smaller amps. For a good fit, high density sponges will work.

As for the caps section, it fits the Valgrind portable caps perfectly (ie. the one that you can see above, owned by uberberger101). It will also fit caps that are smaller in size if you can find them and of the same configuration. It will not fit the ALO V-caps as they are too big. I did not make use of V-caps due to the size - portability becomes compromised. While sonicaps caps are much smaller, sound is not compromised - infact some have chosen them over the oimp v-caps.

by using an external caps, portability is already compromised since you can't fit them into your pocket anymore.

Edited by Darkkopi

by using an external caps, portability is already compromised since you can't fit them into your pocket anymore.

Personally I think most portable setup (ipod+amp) barely could fit into my pockets, most customers I know keep the rig in their bags.

I remember you were one of them, when you were still using the ALO Vcaps nicely bundled with the imod and predator.... or was it pico?

Personally I think most portable setup (ipod+amp) barely could fit into my pockets, most customers I know keep the rig in their bags.

I remember you were one of them, when you were still using the ALO Vcaps nicely bundled with the imod and predator.... or was it pico?

predator but i sold everything off last 2 months

well, but mine can fit inside my pocket unless i wear jeans :))