Sign in to follow this  
rylche

Review : Sennheiser HD201

Hi all,

I will be posting my very first impressions on the HD201, them being my first "professional" headphones for better listening!

IPB Image

Aesthetics

The HD201s look pretty good for a full-sized pair of closed cans. The iconic logo on both cups does help you gain some "street-cred" among other audiophiles :party: The sleek, matte finish of the HD201's plastic construction certainly gives it a streamlined and aesthetically-pleasing look.

On the other hand, the extremely long cord poses many problems to portable users who carry it along for their commuting. It's about 3m long and certainly needs alot of cable organization for portable usage.

Comfort

This department is where the HD201s excel in. The plush fake leather ear cups do rest nicely around ears, and they do not make your ears overly hot as compared to other closed cans. The headband also has a comfortable padding that would sit on your head, making sure that putting these headphones on for extended periods of time would be of no problem at all.

Sound

This is where I find the HD201s to be sorely lacking in. Compared to my previous headphones, the cheap Panasonic earbuds found in Harvey Norman, the Senns have a thoroughly lacking bass section. Being somewhat of a "bass-head", I found this to be a major detriment to my liking of this headphones. The mids and highs were clear and neutral, but did have some hissing to me on the higher notes. Overall, clarity is rather prevalent in most music situations, making this a somewhat ideal headphone for casual listening or for watching movies/playing games.

Thanks for reading and tell me how you like this review!

Thanks fpor your review. I find the HD201's old hat. If you're looking for a pair of cheap sennheiser headphoens, then go for the HD202 instead.

agreed with the bass.. doesnt have much bass.. but the comfort is amazing