Sign in to follow this  
Guest dragonboy

Limited Edition ESW10 anyone?

Guest dragonboy

Anyone tried this baby yet? I came across ESW10 at stereo this afternoon. Unfortunately, someone is trying out and doesn't seem to be getting it of very soon. He was so engrossed with the headphones that he almost fell of the tall chair :D . Heard from the staff there that there are already pre-orders. Talk about the RECESSION!

Judging from the pack shop in stereo this afternoon, I'm sure the recession is not here yet. :grin:

I might probably try my luck this weekend with the ESW10 and collect my ACS T-1 at the same time. :drool:

Gotta let my wifey know what I want for Christmas. :holiday:

your T1 look very bling. Mine look the direct opposite :P ESW10 sound very good. It much more comfy compared to ESW9. And it look better too. It come across to as a more refine version of ESW9. whether it worth the price tag over ESW9, you decide.

Guest dragonboy

I just sold my ESW9 today for $150 :dance: . Time to get another good portable headphone. Unless some manufacturer comes out with something portable and real fantastic...... I think I'll be on the pre-order list with stereo's promotion. No portable headphones are close to the ESW10. You really need to listen to believe. Unfortunately, the staff there aren't willing to reveal the promo price, say must wait till this weekend. :think:

I'm still trying to get used to my custom T1. Got one pimple in my ears so not very comfy to put in now. :cry:

Edited by dragonboy

I have had mine for about two weeks and I have really enjoyed them at work. I am using a Dell Mini with a Passport 320 gig USB external HD holding my FLAC files as a music server to feed a iBasso Boa to power the ESW10JPN. This does sound great for work.

any idea which full size can the esw10 sound like?

Maybe you can drop by and try them for yourself, most who tested the ESW10 usually compared with the ESW9 and not with full size cans.

I think the sound is clearer than the ESW9s. Someone here said they are muck like a closed Grado RS-1. The JPN is great for Rock or anything actually, very enjoyable. The JPNs sound image is much better and more precise. I would suggest that the sound image is not as large are the W5000 but more precise. I learned that the size of the sound image is not everything if you get better imaging as I got from my Ultrasone Edition 9s. No muddiness from the bass but my late model ESW9 was better than the early model ESW9 in this instance. I expect my ESW10JPN will become more musical the more listen to it. I have almost as much enjoyment out of these ESW10JPNs as my UE9. They are tight on my head right out of the box as for fit. Their lightness on my head is great. They weigh in at 170g. The cord seems to be the say as the ESW9s. It comes with two small pouches. One to fit the headphone in and the other to hold the cable. It appears the smaller cable is to be used to hold the cable and plug so that the plug does not come in contact with the beautiful wood ear cups. This is a good insurance. Some here wonder for the price why AT did not provide their hard case with it.

I love my music and it has fast become one of my three favorite cans. With the Ultrasone Edition 9 and Stax SR-007MkII being in the mix.

I think the sound is clearer than the ESW9s. Someone here said they are muck like a closed Grado RS-1. The JPN is great for Rock or anything actually, very enjoyable. The JPNs sound image is much better and more precise. I would suggest that the sound image is not as large are the W5000 but more precise. I learned that the size of the sound image is not everything if you get better imaging as I got from my Ultrasone Edition 9s. No muddiness from the bass but my late model ESW9 was better than the early model ESW9 in this instance. I expect my ESW10JPN will become more musical the more listen to it. I have almost as much enjoyment out of these ESW10JPNs as my UE9. They are tight on my head right out of the box as for fit. Their lightness on my head is great. They weigh in at 170g. The cord seems to be the say as the ESW9s. It comes with two small pouches. One to fit the headphone in and the other to hold the cable. It appears the smaller cable is to be used to hold the cable and plug so that the plug does not come in contact with the beautiful wood ear cups. This is a good insurance. Some here wonder for the price why AT did not provide their hard case with it.

I love my music and it has fast become one of my three favorite cans. With the Ultrasone Edition 9 and Stax SR-007MkII being in the mix.

I thought so too about the hard case, that's why we are giving away free Audio Technica hard case for the pre-orders.