Sign in to follow this  
headphonesnewbie

How to put in-earphones snugly into ear?

Hi again, i have just purchased the Senn CX 400. First time using in-ear phones lar, had quite a hard time to put it into my ear. It either touches the ear drum thing that makes it super painful, or it falls out quite easily.

i tried changing the rubber tips from medium to small and small to medium but doesnt work. small keeps falling out and the noise isolation goes down, medium pains my ears although the noise isolation is good. anybody has any idea how to keep the earphones in the ear canal without pain and still has noise isolation? >.<

Try the medium for a longer period, I believe that might be the more suitable size for you. For some who seldom or never got used to wearing in-ear canal earphones like the CX400, slight discomfort is normal, try for 3 days or so, your ears should get used to it.

There is always other options like UE double flange which on some users, improves the isolation.

IPB Image

Or comply tips which is rather costly in the long term.

IPB Image

Try the medium for a longer period, I believe that might be the more suitable size for you. For some who seldom or never got used to wearing in-ear canal earphones like the CX400, slight discomfort is normal, try for 3 days or so, your ears should get used to it.

There is always other options like UE double flange which on some users, improves the isolation.

IPB Image

Or comply tips which is rather costly in the long term.

IPB Image

is there any method to wearing IEMs? lol. i find it hard to wear it over the ears but some IEMs can only be wore that way :blink:

Use your opposite hand to hold the outer ear back then with your jaw slack, angle the IEM with your ear canal and insert it in as deep as possible without causing pain or discomfort. Sometimes twisting the IEM around during insertion helps.

None of the tips from Senn works for me too when I've the IE8 previously. I replaced it with the UE silicon and comply(more bassy) which fit perfectly for me.

is there any method to wearing IEMs? lol. i find it hard to wear it over the ears but some IEMs can only be wore that way :blink:

You just have to get use to it. I prefer over ears as it offer more support and better fit. For Senn, it can be wore in both ways.

Edited by ical