peanutbutterjam

Recommendations for Int Amp

Hi,

I want to get a cheap (preferable <$200) integrated speaker amp, definitely used at this kind of budget, what are my options? I'm not too familiar with the speaker market, so what would be recommended for this? I don't need insane power, just good sound.

Thanks!

Edited by peanutbutterjam

Based on your budget, it best to look for used set.

You can check out Xtremeplace marketplace:

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?board=34.0

Yep I agree it has to be used, as I stated above. However, the problem is that I am absolute clueless about integrated amps, and while my budget clearly doesn't allow for over-the-moon performances, I would want to get the best bang for the buck.

Ok so far I saw:

$60 Weicsson AV99D (80W) (whatever this is, someone on Jaben selling, can't find it anywhere on the net)

$150 Cambridge Audio A300

$200 Rotel RA-971

$280 Rotel RA-02

$320 Marantz PM7000

(whatever else you may suggest)

Which one would be most value for money? I only need a stereo integerated amplifier, no need headphone out, no need 5 channels, etc.

Btw thanks for your reply calvin.

NAD C315BEE maybe over your budget but you will never go wrong with any NAD entry level integrated amp.

I used to own NAD 3020i. it was a very good integrated amp imo. try to look up at used market on any 3020 model.

Yep I agree it has to be used, as I stated above. However, the problem is that I am absolute clueless about integrated amps, and while my budget clearly doesn't allow for over-the-moon performances, I would want to get the best bang for the buck.

Ok so far I saw:

$60 Weicsson AV99D (80W) (whatever this is, someone on Jaben selling, can't find it anywhere on the net)

$150 Cambridge Audio A300

$200 Rotel RA-971

$280 Rotel RA-02

$320 Marantz PM7000

(whatever else you may suggest)

Which one would be most value for money? I only need a stereo integerated amplifier, no need headphone out, no need 5 channels, etc.

I've heard both Rotel RA-02 and Marantz PM7000. Both are fine amps.

I've heard both Rotel RA-02 and Marantz PM7000. Both are fine amps.

How about the Cambridge A300? Its much cheaper... :rclxub:

NAD C315BEE maybe over your budget but you will never go wrong with any NAD entry level integrated amp.

I used to own NAD 3020i. it was a very good integrated amp imo. try to look up at used market on any 3020 model.

Hm thanks for the suggestion! Seems like a very good choice, except that no one is selling it now...

Read through some reviews, seems like the Rotel RA-02 is pretty good. Is $280 a reasonable price, especially since its quite a few years back?

Edited by peanutbutterjam

I been hearing and reading pretty lots of review on Creative T3 2.1 speakers, you might wanna do a simple research on it, not only review but positive feedback, you might wanna consider. Plus it cost only 299 ^^

btw thanks for ur suggestion for headphones thats goes well with amp in my post

Cheers

Opps I just realised that is a speaker not an amp ps -.-

Edited by Minicotexx

Hi.

Perhaps you can elaborate on your purpose of getting the int amp? Are you going to drive speakers (since u dun need headphone out)? If you are, what kind of speakers? How many watts amp are you looking for/need?

I have a used amp sitting on the floor, coz i juz upgraded.

Hi.

Perhaps you can elaborate on your purpose of getting the int amp? Are you going to drive speakers (since u dun need headphone out)? If you are, what kind of speakers? How many watts amp are you looking for/need?

I have a used amp sitting on the floor, coz i juz upgraded.

Hm I'm don't really need a super powerful 100W type. Drop me a PM on your amp? Thx!