Sign in to follow this  
NexusKaiser

Grado SR80 - Worth its price?

Hi there!

First post ever :)) I am curious to find out more about the Grado SR80 headphones. From reviews online, they seem favourable to me (I listen LITERALLY to ANY genre; anything between Classical to Alternative). Would the below setup sound 'Audiophile'ish?

iPod Touch 1st Gen (Apple lossless)--> LOD --> iBasso T4 --> Grado SR80

I am a very bassy person and I like it deep :cans: . Would it be appropriate to play out anything from rock drum solos to orchestral music? And does Stereo at Causeway Point carry 'em (if so, whats the going price)?

Thx for any help and info in advance :D

Hi there!

First post ever :)) I am curious to find out more about the Grado SR80 headphones. From reviews online, they seem favourable to me (I listen LITERALLY to ANY genre; anything between Classical to Alternative). Would the below setup sound 'Audiophile'ish?

iPod Touch 1st Gen (Apple lossless)--> LOD --> iBasso T4 --> Grado SR80

:welcome:

There is no such thing as 'Audiophile'ish, only good sound. If you like it, its good, otherwise, no. I recommend that you go try out all that is avaliable within your budget before making a choice.

Frankly for every can there are always lovers and haters, so read them with a pinch of salt, and get down to stereo for the real thing.

I am a very bassy person and I like it deep :cans: . Would it be appropriate to play out anything from rock drum solos to orchestral music? And does Stereo at Causeway Point carry 'em (if so, whats the going price)?

Ok liking bass has a few parts to it, tonal extension; texture; quantity. I personally, to quote you, "like it deep". And I use the ER-4. I think its generally hard to find something with really good extension at this price level, but don't let that deter you.

And does Stereo at Causeway Point carry 'em (if so, whats the going price)?

Yes they do carry it. I'm not sure of the price, but its just a matter of dropping them a call. You should visit them too, you might just decide that you want something else. :icon_angel_devil:

Actually I wouldn't consider the Grado SR80 bassy or a headphone with deep bass but you should audition and judge for yourself.

A bassier version of the Grado SR80 might be the Alessandro MS1 or the popular pick, the Ultrasone HFI-15G.

Many like the Ultrasone HFI-15G compared to the Grado SR80 because,

1. It's smaller in size, therefore very portable.

2. It has slightly more bass compared to the Grado SR80

3. The cable is 1.2m and not 2m, which is more managable when portable.

IPB Image

Best of all, the Ultrasone HFI-15G works very well with the iBasso T4.

My, Ultrasone HFI-15G eh? I don't mind the cord length as it can be easily managed with a Sumajin Smartwrap (or Syncwrap for thicker wires) anyways.

What are the prices of both (HFI-15G and SR80)?

Guest jacj6049

Actually I wouldn't consider the Grado SR80 bassy or a headphone with deep bass but you should audition and judge for yourself.

A bassier version of the Grado SR80 might be the Alessandro MS1 or the popular pick, the Ultrasone HFI-15G.

Many like the Ultrasone HFI-15G compared to the Grado SR80 because,

1. It's smaller in size, therefore very portable.

2. It has slightly more bass compared to the Grado SR80

3. The cable is 1.2m and not 2m, which is more managable when portable.

IPB Image

Best of all, the Ultrasone HFI-15G works very well with the iBasso T4.

i second this!!!!!

I wouldn't call the SR80 very bassy. They're very forward and might be quite bright like most grado headphones. Good for rock though i'm not so sure about other genres.