Sign in to follow this  
peanutbutterjam

Some impressions on the Rotel RA-931MKII

Ushers are very nice indeed (BE-718). However, they are a PAIN to drive. Literally need monoblocks to squeeze the juice out of them.

They are also very expensive. For slightly lesser money, I would go for B&W 805s. These are awesome, with the same tweeter and mid-range driver as the larger siblings. Easy to drive too.

You should also check out Usher. It sound really good. Available at Audio Basic and X Audio. Don't jump in too fast. Try to audition as many as you can.

Ooh. Interesting thread. Might I add one comment about the Quads? I would say that it is not that immensely detailed, as compared to the IEMs that our thread starter is using. I have to literally shut the windows, turn off the fan and up the volume to get details anywhere near those. Might be my amp, who knows.

That aside, the mids on these are just to die for. Throw in a pair of super tweeters and you're rocking even more clarity outta them. Pity I can't find a solution to my table problem, else they will sound even better.

I would love to pit your new amp against my little Poppulse one day though. Wonder what would be the outcome.

Edited by Quantom