Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alphonse

D1001 Vs D2000

Guest Alphonse

Hi guys, Would like to ask which headphone is better? D1001 or D2000? I normally listen to R&B and hip hop often. Not too sure if the extra $$ for the D2000 is worth it anot. And also which got a deeper bass? Thanks in advance guys.

Hi guys, Would like to ask which headphone is better? D1001 or D2000? I normally listen to R&B and hip hop often. Not too sure if the extra $$ for the D2000 is worth it anot. And also which got a deeper bass? Thanks in advance guys.

D2000 is generally a more balance sounding headphone compared to D1001 but of cos, you should audition them to confirm. :cans:

Guest Alphonse

Hey thanks for the fast reply. Unfortunately i'm currently in australia. My gf is getting me the headphones when she's visiting me which is in a mth :)) . Was juz balancing the reviews. If a benchmark i would say that i prefer something sound more like ath-es7? the bass is pretty gd on those. Juz wanna try something new. :P And not to mention getting it from stereo hehe. got ur reply this morning abt the D1001. which i'm pretty keen on. Also comparing it with ATH-A500 and A900 too. Sigh so many choice... only 2 ears...

Edited by Alphonse

Hey thanks for the fast reply. Unfortunately i'm currently in australia. My gf is getting me the headphones when she's visiting me which is in a mth :)) . Was juz balancing the reviews. If a benchmark i would say that i prefer something sound more like ath-es7? the bass is pretty gd on those. Juz wanna try something new. :P And not to mention getting it from stereo hehe. got ur reply this morning abt the D1001. which i'm pretty keen on. Also comparing it with ATH-A500 and A900 too. Sigh so many choice... only 2 ears...

The Denon D2000 and D1001 has a different sound signature compared to the Audio Technica ES7, the Denon D2000 is generally heavier in the bass dept.

Guest Alphonse

OOOoooo almost convince me on getting it. ^^ One last question. (*Sorry for making so much inquiry) Do D2000 need amplication? The only amp i got currently is self-made cmoy. My source is either my laptop --> Cretive Xmod Wireless --> Headphone or Sony NWZ-A828 ---> CMoy ---> Heaphones. Do these setup suitable to get a D2000 as in i wun under use it or i would juz get a D1001? Thanks again.

OOOoooo almost convince me on getting it. ^^ One last question. (*Sorry for making so much inquiry) Do D2000 need amplication? The only amp i got currently is self-made cmoy. My source is either my laptop --> Cretive Xmod Wireless --> Headphone or Sony NWZ-A828 ---> CMoy ---> Heaphones. Do these setup suitable to get a D2000 as in i wun under use it or i would juz get a D1001? Thanks again.

Most headphones benefit from decent amplification and same goes to Denon D1001 or D2000, but saying that, D2000 at 25ohms and 106dB/mW can sound very good even off the laptop or cmoy if you rip your music well.