Sign in to follow this  
Q00

Need Recommendations for headphones.

im already set on the 7506's just that im waiting for my pay day or more like allowance day since im in ns... but if ipporek wants his quickly..then by all means...

rameish has already burnt in those so im sure those sound absolutely great...

the pics rameish posted looks beautiful...

erm...

the headphone amp (total airhead) at headroom looks pretty sweet...anybody know how it sounds?

3aaa batt...4.5v? how come so low compared to all the meta's and cmoys which run on 9v or 18v?

Edited by Q00

It has a DC to DC converter.

Dollar for dollar the Meier-Audio Porta Corda II sounds alot better & VFM (it has alot more accessories that come with it). The only reason I would recommend the Total Airhead (Not Airhead) is if you need to smooth out harsh sounding headphones say the lower end Grados & only when buying cheap used.

its been said (a lot actually) that the 7506's are very harsh sounding so will this be the perfect companion to those cans?

Not if you change the stock earpads to Beyer (DT250 model if I am not mistaken). But I still feel the new price TAH vs PCII in the favour of the PCII. Just compare the components inside!

not good at comparing components as i am still very very new to this...lots of reading to do blush.gif

erm...btw if u dun mind as well.. anybody knows where to get the earpads to do the mod? Hung bro's izit?

Total Airhead innards:

user posted image

Porta Corda II innards:

user posted image

ohmy.gif

so much difference in the parts used....

the purple tubes are capacitors? so huge?...compared the to the corda that has 12?? resistors...