Sign in to follow this  
sep90

Initial impression on Rsa Apache

Thanks to courtesy and warm welcome of our friend,Jojo Thank you my bro!! :cans: we able to audit and test various cans on the mightly Apache... :D well with some powercords matching :lust:

Headsets used and tested on it....still single ended but Jojo will get everything balanced out for the cans by next week hopefully :thumbup:

1)Hd800 9/10 (super bass hitting hard and very crispy,analog smooth highs with warm midrange)(not warm as tube favor)

2)Hd650 valgrind set modded 8.5/10 (bass hit deep/hard with fuller bottom range and great for classical music/slow vocal music..midrange is still unbeatable for these headset)

3)Hd600 with Equinox cable 8.5/10 (very balanced,fast,artitucale but not as fast as hd800 or wide ) great for everything u throw at it!!

4)Akg 701 recabled and modded 8/10(Highs r a bit shrilling on ears/but has precision as good Hd800 with dynamic bass rush!!!)

5)Grados HF2 9/10 (personally i not a grado fan but pair with the apache it has the bass,speed and clarity of some of the best grado's cans ever produced....)

Powercords and interconnects tried and tested

1)Blacksand Statement 1

2)Nordost Vishnu

3)Blacksand Silver Reference MK4 & MK5

4)Blacksand Violet Z1

5)Nordost Frey, Baldur XLR interconnects,Cardas Golden Cross

6)KingRex Psu with Accoustic Revival R-77 silver SCX Dc cords

Now to actual impression ^_^

apache is 1 solid built tank and the comestic appearance is second to none :thumbup:

i dun mind getting 1 for myself jus for looks hehe

but wat shook me away is the BASSS on the beast.....it shook my inner senses with the HD800....it come back and hit me again with decays....super deep bass with a lot of impactful tight bass... :grin:

HF2 was very well controlled with it and i think Kid5000 was impressed with it

HD650 and Hd600 stood it's ground but mostly they still single ended ...cant wait to c them r fully balanced....

k701 was a bit shrill on the highs but nevertheless it is very good match with it, super soundstage and a lot of dynamic bass

took Jojo a number of tries to get the matching rite but i believe the best combination is MK4 to Cdp, Silver Reference Mk5 to MagicDac and Statement to Rsa Apache....wat suprised me was the Hd800 i were listening to it had their dynamic range bass back and midrange warmth...highs are very smooth and crispy ...soundstage is much easily to pick up the instruments without any haze and veils

Jojo bro...u got yurself a very good amp and u r there already ... :thumbup:

Edited by sep90

Haha! Thanks for te visit guys. Hope you can visit once it's fully burned in. I'm also waiting for my last upgrade on the amp. :thumbup:

The visit really made me think of owning a pair of HD650 for the extra fun cans lol!. :think:

Edited by jojo_b2

Glad that everything sound well for you now. :thumbup: Btw, there's no such thing as last upgrade. Heard that too often to be true. :whistle: This virus is ongoing and can't be cure. :grin:

Glad that everything sound well for you now. :thumbup: Btw, there's no such thing as last upgrade. Heard that too often to be true. :whistle: This virus is ongoing and can't be cure. :grin:

No, he meant the last upgrade THIS month. :grin:

Yes it will be the last upgrade on the amp Lol! I sourced an umbilical cord for the Apache. It took a while to track connectors. :sweat:

But it will not surely be the last upgrade on the Rig. Lol! Hope to try the CSE RK-100 hope it can accomodate my rig in terms of power (100 watts). Due to a three component setup (cdp, dac, amp). The two-sockets and the 100 watt limit are a head ache. :doh:

last upgrade on the amp

lol well i sure u still miss the sound of RSA B52 bomber :bash: .....tubey favor with Apache 2x super deep bass and soundstage

dun worry jojo get 2 cse rk100 hehe or get upgrade version with 4 sockets 300 watts :grin:

Something like this? :whistle:

IPB Image

or this

IPB Image

:cry: Only problem is this... :moneyflies:

Not within the month, but how about next year? :D

At least you have something new for the upcoming meet, don't think anybody wants to listen to my Stello again. :D

:cry: Only problem is this... :moneyflies:

No problem no problem...

Got this mah :grin:

IPB Image

:b2t

I auditioned Jojo's Apache with Sep and I second everything he's said.

The slam is the best I've heard and the bass is deep but very controlled :party:

The Apache sounds fabulous with the HF2 (the HF2 being a very forward and warm can IMO) and it balances nicely with the Apache's very analytical but slightly cold presentation of the vocals.

With the HD800, it's just a tad too cold for my liking.

Still, it's the best ss amp I've heard to-date :rclxms:

Pity, I'm just a tube guy... :whistle: