:: Chicky ::

Any Ultrasone Pro 900 Headphone users out there ?

Hey guys, any ultrasone pro 900 users out there ?

Currently a user of AKG k702 w black dragon cable

ALAC -> 6gen 120gb ipod classic -> ALO SxC LOD -> RSA Predator -> AKG k702 w black dragon cable

Are there any retail shop other than audio basic that sells ultrasone pro series ?

Jaben seems to stock only the pro 650.

Edited by :: Chicky ::

As far as I know, only Audio Basics have them. I managed to have a listen to them a week ago. Not the sound I expected. I have a HFI 550 and I liked it a lot, but the PRO 750 and 900 sounds different.

???

There is a HFI 550 ?

Or do you mean pro 550 ?

didn't see any hfi 550 on their website..

Mind giving me your first impression on the pro900 if possible to recall ?

A week ago.. they should be burn in already then.

The other time when i first try it, it was a few days after it came in, with low burn in time.

The bass sounded bloomy, and sounded like it was covering up the other spectrum of the music.

And i was listening to it on their system.

Going to give it another try after my exams. Hopefully more or less burn in already.

But the price was sure steep.. didn't expect it to be so high..

I don't understand why you're still looking at it and asked for others' impression since it doesn't sound good to you. :bash: Your ear is the best judge. :smoke:

I don't understand why you're still looking at it and asked for others' impression since it doesn't sound good to you. :bash: Your ear is the best judge. :smoke:

Well.. that set of pro900 sounded unburned in to me(i believe in burn in, especially for dynamic drivers), and i didn't listen on my usual rig..was still upgrading part of it at that time. So maybe i didn't like the sound of pro900 when paired with their system.

but oh well, now not free to go down to audition it, so just asking for opinions/impressions and alternative places to get it :blush:

Out of the box, any audio component have to sound decent enough to be impress and improve after burn in. If you don't like it in the first place, burn in is not going to help much as sound signature will always be there. :smoke:

Seem like you're trying to find a reason to like it. If that's the case, just get it! :doh:

Edited by ical

I tried my K701 on Audio Basic's Dr.DAC and tried the Pro900 after that. Coming from the K701, Pro900 had virtually no midrange, so I put it back after a minute.

But this time he is right about the burn-in sound. :console:

guess i will try out the hfi series thoroughly @ stereo then.

you guys going to stock the *soon to be released* hfi 2400 ?

I tried my K701 on Audio Basic's Dr.DAC and tried the Pro900 after that. Coming from the K701, Pro900 had virtually no midrange, so I put it back after a minute.

what genre of music did you try the both cans with ?

Because.. personally owning the k702, the k70* is simply one of the best if you are comparing classical or jazz lol.

Or should i phase another question.

Any headphone recommendation for pop ?

Budget around 600+ ?

guess i will try out the hfi series thoroughly @ stereo then.

you guys going to stock the *soon to be released* hfi 2400 ?

what genre of music did you try the both cans with ?

Because.. personally owning the k702, the k70* is simply one of the best if you are comparing classical or jazz lol.

Or should i phase another question.

Any headphone recommendation for pop ?

Budget around 600+ ?

I'm not sure about the HFI2400 but when they're here, we should have them.

For a budget of 600+, you can consider the Sennheiser HD650. It has detachable cables which you can upgrade them if you like them enough.

The downside would be the fact that they are 300ohms and a decent headphone amp is a must.

If you can stretch a bit more, the Denon D5000 are very good especially after changing the original pads to the Jmoney lambskin pads, tightens up the bass and improves the overall music presentation. They are much easier to drive and could be a good option if you don't have an amp yet.

Senn hd650 already in my "to try" list B)

But i heard they are one of the most "laid-back" headphones, wonder if it will suit pop.

Going to try out the new shure srh840.. wonder it fits my criteria or not. yup it has detachable cables too.

denon d*k headphones are really heavy lol.. when i wear them on, any slight movement on my head and the headphone will move too :(

thanks anyway.

Senn hd650 already in my "to try" list B)

But i heard they are one of the most "laid-back" headphones, wonder if it will suit pop.

Going to try out the new shure srh840.. wonder it fits my criteria or not. yup it has detachable cables too.

denon d*k headphones are really heavy lol.. when i wear them on, any slight movement on my head and the headphone will move too :(

thanks anyway.

The laid back sound of the HD650 is sometimes caused by the amp that drives it.

You can also try the Audio Technica ATH-PRO700 limited edition WHITE version ( yes, they sound different from the regular black).

650 isn't laidback. It depends alot on the source, amp and IC, etc. Try 650 with the Naim setup at SE to know what I mean. I found d5k did not sit well on my head. It was a little loose, then again I don't really favour Denon sound.