El Scorcho

Product Pricing for Aural Focus

(By request of Ablaze)

I'm listing the prices of the products currently available from Aural Focus, namely Ultrasone and Philips.

Ultrasone

1. HFI-650 Trackmaster - SGD$265

2. HFI-650 DVD Edition - SGD$275

3. HFI-2000 - SGD$275

(All the prices quoted are for LE models. ULE models are available upon special request, i.e. the payment has to be settled before the order is processed. ULE models cost approximately USD$50 more than the LE versions.)

Philips

HP-890 - $88

(The HP910 has been discontinued, but you may still be able to get the remaining stock from other retailers.)

NB: All these prices are for cash-on-delivery transactions in Singapore only. Handling / admin fees (additional to the prices stated above) are applicable for international / non-COD orders. For international transactions, we only accept funds via Paypal and international money orders (in Singapore dollars).

Edited by El Scorcho

If El Schorch doesn't mind me answering this first. I've asked this question before at the head-fi forum. So I'll relay what info I got. Basically the Trackmaster is designed more for audio whereas the DVD Edition is for Home Theater (slight bass hump). Both are full sized closed heaphones. El Scorcho can provide more details.

Yep, N@Z, I saw your question on Head-Fi and I think somebody else answered it for me then. Lots of helpful (and well-informed ppl around). happy.gif

Anyway, to be more specific, the DVD Edition has a slightly wider frequency range, extending to incorporate lower frequencies. This is to make it more compatible with home theater systems, and it works best if you use Dolby Headphone or Yamaha Silent Cinema systems.

In English: I suppose this might mean better bass response, but hey, I'm sure all the seasoned headphone users here know that specs don't amount to much. I'm the seller, but I'm also a skeptical consumer. I'm waiting for my test unit to arrive from Ultrasone, so I won't be jumping to any conclusions until I hear it for myself.

BTW, I'm currently out of stock for HFI-650, but am expecting the next shipment to arrive over the next 3 weeks. Anyone wishing to place an order may do so in advance, and I'll let you know as soon as they're in.

The DVD Edition will arrive later as Ultrasone has just finished their launch in Frankfurt and Amsterdam, and are coping with the demand in the European market. I expect the DVD edition to arrive around mid-May.