Sign in to follow this  
Muzzi

ER4S vs ER4B

I tried the ER4S today...loved it but then i went online and searched out ER4 and got ER4B.

Anyone here tried the ER4B and ER4S? How do they compare?

Also, where can i get either of these in singapore? I searched the forum but the previous thread was in 2007 so...

These dont seem to be popular haha. Thats wierd considering how good they sound imo (i greatly prefer them to my se530s)

The B(inaural) variant is meant for listening to stuff specially mastered for binaural (not the same as stereo, by the way), and there's supposed to be quite a spike around the 10-12kHz region, if I remember correctly. Think you shouldn't be looking at this unless you have binaural stuff.

The S variant has pretty high impedance, 100 ohms, will need an amp, but the place where you tried it should already have advised you with regards to that.

ER-4 is not generally popular because most people will listen and slam it for the missing bass, which probably is not your concern, if you are positive about the ER-4.

Edited by radioactive28

I found the bass just right. Its accurate, and jut the right quantity if you get a good seal..

Thats why i greatly prefer it to the SE530s. Any idea where i can get these in spore? Or do i have to order them online =(

Oh and i do have some binaural recordings but not a lot. Theyre super cool!

I'm thinking of ordering online, since it seems pretty cheap at Amazon, even after shipping (about 100 bucks less, I believe). Only problem is, I'm not sure how to handle warranty return if I ever need it.

HEY! if youre ordering online do tell me! i order with you and we share shipping can? PM your hp no. and we can settle details heheheh.

About warranty i believe you just email ety, and then mail it to them..

"Etymotic Research, Inc. automatically warrants the following products against defects in material or workmanship from the date of original purchase from an authorized Etymotic distributor or reseller. On-line registration or completion of warranty cards is not required." -so just mail them invoice of purchase and...

"Etymotic will repair or replace the defective product at its option if returned within the warranty period to our service facility. This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose."-mail them the earphones itself and let them repair!

Haha, I've been thinking about getting the ER-4 for at least a year (or is it 2 or 3?), still no action, still waiting for my money to come in end of this year :lol:

Anyway, the warranty issue may not be so simple, but I've yet to contact them about it. Ety USA may not take returns from outside the US. Even if they do, the shipping cost, trouble and delay could be an issue.

Edited by radioactive28

ah ok.. i should be ordering within the next 2 weeks, provided i can sell off my se530s!

but then the custom er4 from stereo is also very very tempting... its around the price of a normal er4 from jaben. but i dont know if it would benefit much from customs though so...

i guess ill tell you if they give me any info on claiming warranty or anything.

YGPM! yea it was quite shocking to find out the price. i was expecting it to be much higher but cant complain heh.. if youre gonna make these wanna share shipping? i think it should be possible, must check though

I don't recall the price of er4 to be so high when I bought my set from Jaben previously. Perhaps you should check it out again?

i just checked on sat.. furthermore theyre out of stock apparantly.

its like half the price of the um3x if you buy online...and another 20 usd to ship?

man i need to get a pair...

If buy from Amazon it's 300 plus based on what my friend told me. I paid roughly that amount for my pair from Jaben too. But that was more than a year ago.

I think my idea of the ER-4's local price is really outdated. I was thinking about 400+ for the earphones alone, which doesn't seem to be the case.

There's really no more advantage to Amazon now :D

actually its not. its just that stereo sells the customs at a very very competitive price heheh.. the rest of singapore seems to sell the stock ER4 at the price of stereos custom ER4 (!!!!!). kinda obvious which to get but im afraid that customs maybe a bit uncomfortable for me...

anyone got experience with custom ER4!? can give some impressions?? TIA