Sign in to follow this  
dhorse

help for in-earphone recommendation

Hi, newbie here looking for earphone recommendation.

I am looking for in-earphone to upgrade from my current earbud type, so hoping to get one with better sound. (won't be using any amps)

Some information for my earphone:

- In ear type, not headphones.

- Budget: Around $100+

- For portable use and at home.

- Earphones used mainly for listening to songs. I usually listen to chinese songs, so earphones must be suitable for chinese songs. I prefer the sound and vacals to be clear.

- Sources of input are my computer, my mp3 player and PSP.

Anyone can help to recommend some reasonable earphone with these information? Comments?

I should be going down to stereo or jaben to try but I will like some comments first so I do not get overwhelmed by the large range available.

I tried searching through forums and see some favourable comments for westone um1, audio-technica ck7, and ultimate ears metrofi 220. Are these suitable? Comments?

Thanks in advance.

How about the RE0? It's 89 USD including delivery for the Christmas sale. Clear, detailed sound. Check out the customer reviews by clicking the tab on the page linked.

I'm quite sure you meant vocals. I think UM1 for you. haven't really heard the metrofi.

And sound is subjective, Better buy something that you can try first

Edited by Xinz

You can take a look at the UM1, Superfi3 and also the Etymotic ER6i.

It'll be more of a preference of sound signature between these 3, and you'll have to listen to find out what you like! ^_^

yeah i second the RE0 ones. or you could try the YUIN PK series. both have to ship from overseas though... er6i may not be that suitable for chinese songs (too analytical)

The Yuin PK series are earbuds, aren't they? You could get them from the guy who posted this, here in Singapore. I got the Yuin G2A from him and they've got great clarity too. But they're clip-ons.

Xinz: Haha yeah I meant vocals...

And I think I'll be buying them locally so i guess online shopping option is out. Thanks all your comments. More recommendations are welcome.