Sign in to follow this  
delancyst

In-ear headphones for jogging

If you go for In-ear headphones then I would recommend getting some that are water resistant - I know sennheisser make some water resistant 'sports' IEMs.

It all depends on how much you sweat but I've ruined a couple of pairs of IEMs in this way by getting moisture into the driver. It is very annoying!

Creative has one type of in ear headphones which is designed for jogging, and you can find it in challenger. Btw, why not go for NIKE or other sports brand. I think they all have sports earphone which is designed for jogging or other sports.

Hi,

Anyone got any recommendation?

Should be in-ear for tighter fit :)

I used a MDR-AS20J, it is looped around the ear so will not fall off easily.

When using IEMs when jogging, please be aware of your surroundings. Wait you so engrossed, can't hear people warning you of traffic or hear the car horn.

Be careful.

Having said that, I also use IEM for exercise but only in the gym. Used a pair of MylarOnes, unfortunately they just died.

When using IEMs when jogging, please be aware of your surroundings. Wait you so engrossed, can't hear people warning you of traffic or hear the car horn.

Be careful.

Having said that, I also use IEM for exercise but only in the gym. Used a pair of MylarOnes, unfortunately they just died.

I agree with Heady. Too much isolation could be dangerous.

Anyway, when jogging you are not seriously listen to the music right? I would say any cheap IEM will do. When spoil by sweat, just get another cheap one.

Maybe this is one of it's kind, currently I'm using Superlux HD381F, which is semi-open IEM (it comes with 3 sound characters, Bass heavy, flat, and transparent). The isolation is in between earbuds and IEM, so not completely isolated, but also not too much noise from the surrounding.

Superlux HD381

Not sure if it is available in Singapore, I bought it in Jakarta.

381F is the white color.

IPB Image

Be careful.

if jogging in stadium, still ok. on pavement with car park access or running track with bicycle track next to it, will be no no for iem.