pArAd0x

Thinking of getting the Audio Technica ATH-PRO700

I was thinking of getting the ATH-700Pro in Gold (haha, okay the gold's quite bling :P but i think it's kinda cute? :) )

IPB Image

I've been reading reviews about the original ATH 700pro and some people were saying that it's good in terms of sound (even though it's a lttle heavy), while someone else mentioned that since the swivel joint's plastic it cracked within 60 days use + they are not really meant for the road/travelling.

This would be my 1st pair of headphones as previously i just used my apple in-ear bud earphones, and who like to do some scouting around before i actually commit any money :)

The other headphones that i'm considering (well... if the ATH-700pro's really not lasing) would be the Beats by Dr Dre.

IPB Image

What do you all think of the ATH-700pro? or is the Beats a better buy?

I usually listen to pop/pop-rock with a little instrumental (Not classical, more of BGM included in OSTs) thrown in at times.

Hi, mind if you can tell me where you can buy the ATH-700Pro in Gold?

You can get it at stereo :) I saw from a post that they are selling it.

Guest dragonboy

I was thinking of getting the ATH-700Pro in Gold (haha, okay the gold's quite bling :P but i think it's kinda cute? :) )

IPB Image

I've been reading reviews about the original ATH 700pro and some people were saying that it's good in terms of sound (even though it's a lttle heavy), while someone else mentioned that since the swivel joint's plastic it cracked within 60 days use + they are not really meant for the road/travelling.

This would be my 1st pair of headphones as previously i just used my apple in-ear bud earphones, and who like to do some scouting around before i actually commit any money :)

The other headphones that i'm considering (well... if the ATH-700pro's really not lasing) would be the Beats by Dr Dre.

IPB Image

What do you all think of the ATH-700pro? or is the Beats a better buy?

I usually listen to pop/pop-rock with a little instrumental (Not classical, more of BGM included in OSTs) thrown in at times.

IMO, the Pro700 sounds way lot better than the Beats. With the Pro-700Gold .. its looks as good as it sounds :grin:

I've been using ATH-M50 for about 2 years, love it for the sound quality and the price. From the picture in your thread, The ATH-PRO700 gold looks very similar with the ATH-M50, just like ATH-M50 painted with gold :P

For M50, beside personal use, I also have a few of them in my church, and we have use them for more than a year, dropped here and there, many people use it, and it still kickin' :D So durability wise, it is very durable.

Check the M50 for the shape, it is really looks like the PRO700 Gold:

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphon...be4d/index.html

http://www.audio-technica.com/cgi-bin/dump...g/ath_m50_1.jpg

Ooo. Both the Pro700 and the M50 do indeed look similar!

Glad to hear it's durable :P

heh heh heh~ To be honest i was sold by the gold blingness of the Pro700s =s The bass was a little muddy like what a few people mentioned, but i think i can live with that :P

Yes they were when i called them up the other day :)

Edit:

The white ones that BOA endorsed were sold out, but the Gold ones are still in stock at stereo.

Both the gold and the whites are out of stock at jaben :)

Edited by pArAd0x

Guest dragonboy

Yes they were when i called them up the other day :)

Edit:

The white ones that BOA endorsed were sold out, but the Gold ones are still in stock at stereo.

Both the gold and the whites are out of stock at jaben :)

Never remember seeing the Pro700 gold in jaben. The last time I check with audio-technica spokesman at the IT show, I was referred to stereo as the exclusive reseller for Pro700 gold in S'pore.

Ooo. Both the Pro700 and the M50 do indeed look similar!

Glad to hear it's durable :P

heh heh heh~ To be honest i was sold by the gold blingness of the Pro700s =s The bass was a little muddy like what a few people mentioned, but i think i can live with that :P

Well, try with your gear. When I tried M50 in Hung Brothers 2 years back, it was paired with a bad headphone amp, the treble was harsh and metallic. But when I tried at home, also with iPod, the treble sounds very nice, no harsh 'ears piercing' treble.

Anyway, Pro700 has different driver than M50, larger driver, so sound could be different.

My2cents :)

Never remember seeing the Pro700 gold in jaben. The last time I check with audio-technica spokesman at the IT show, I was referred to stereo as the exclusive reseller for Pro700 gold in S'pore.

Ooo I didn't know that ^_^ I got someone to make the call to jaben for me, that was what he told me :P

Well, try with your gear. When I tried M50 in Hung Brothers 2 years back, it was paired with a bad headphone amp, the treble was harsh and metallic. But when I tried at home, also with iPod, the treble sounds very nice, no harsh 'ears piercing' treble.

Anyway, Pro700 has different driver than M50, larger driver, so sound could be different.

My2cents :)

Hmm i have never tried the M50s hence i would not be able to tell the difference (But then again i'm a little tone deaf :P).

However i do feel the Pro700s are a tad bit heavy on my head. Haha!

Thanks so much everyone for your 2cents! They really helped me ^_^

I am thinking to get AD700 from Amazon. But the shipment is expensive if buying alone. Anyone want to share the order so that shipment cost is lower?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CMS0X...&pf_rd_i=507846

Wow for USD 80.95 sounds like a really good deal :) Have you checked the price locally?

I heard from my brother, AD700 sounds good. Really tempted :D

Have you tried it? Can anyone who has tried it give some opinions?

Edited by bpribadi