Sign in to follow this  
definitelydan

Ultimate Ears Comply Foam Tips

Hi all, im currently using the comply foam tips that came with my UE TF10s.

However, i cant seem to get a good seal using the foams, perhaps im wearing it wrongly. How do you guys wear it?? is it supposed to easily slip off when im wearing it? How do i know whether im getting a good enough seal?

Eg. when i remove my silicons from my ears they make a "pop" sound so i know im getting a good seal. What about comply foams?

for UE, cause of the memory wires that it have, it will kind of remember your ear shape, so when the next time you are using it, you can hook it up to your ear easily.

For the comply, it's suppose to fit in your ear nicely and provide a good fit. Good way to use it is to squeeze it flat first, then insert it into your ear.

Hi all, im currently using the comply foam tips that came with my UE TF10s.

However, i cant seem to get a good seal using the foams, perhaps im wearing it wrongly. How do you guys wear it?? is it supposed to easily slip off when im wearing it? How do i know whether im getting a good enough seal?

Eg. when i remove my silicons from my ears they make a "pop" sound so i know im getting a good seal. What about comply foams?

You may wish to give shure foam a try. I find them more firm compare to the original UE foam. Shure foam last longer too.

how you guy remove it? I ruin one of it while trying to take it out ):

honestly? just be gentle and careful. I pressed my downwards while using my nails to seperate the core, you might want to try a blade.

Maybe TS is using the wrong size of foams, since you already know what a good seal should sound like?

Another possibility is bad foams. I'm surprised no one has complained before (or at least, I don't see a lot of complaints), but I used to get a few lousy foams whenever I buy a few pairs. They leak sound despite sitting snugly in my canals. I think quality is much better now, but I still get the occasional lousy ones.

to fit a shure olive you need to remove the core...

by core do you mean the transparent plastic? i leave there.

I did it by using a long nose plier(cost about S$5) to stretch the plastic and assist in placing foam into the ear phone.

by core do you mean the transparent plastic? i leave there.

I did it by using a long nose plier(cost about S$5) to stretch the plastic and assist in placing foam into the ear phone.

well you could do that too. I found removing the core easier for me.

well you could do that too. I found removing the core easier for me.

wouldnt it be loose after removing the plastic. I found with plastic core it offer excellent grip

wouldnt it be loose after removing the plastic. I found with plastic core it offer excellent grip

oh yes, I put it over a UE core for grip. Haha

OT a bit.. has anyone tried double/triple flanges on a TF10 before? how will it affect the SQ? im thinking of getting a pair soon.. after my complys are used up

tried but did not spend time to notice on the SQ since i dislike the fit thus changing back to foam again. to me foam is most comfortable and offers better sealing thus a better noise isolation.