Sign in to follow this  
Arcos

Portable Headphone to go with iRiver IFP 390

yeah, i was hoping to find some eggos, but i'm not sure where to find a d66sl, they seem to fit my requirements just about nice, just that i'm not sure of the impedence

wondering if my player can power them

yeah, i was hoping to find some eggos, but i'm not sure where to find a d66sl, they seem to fit my requirements just about nice, just that i'm not sure of the impedence

wondering if my player can power them

Impedance is 40 ohm and sensitivity is 106db/mW. It costs S$120+ on Bluetin (oversea website) but once upon a time, I heard a shop in Lucky Plaza sold Eggos for less than $100. Last heard, stocks are no longer available.

The headphone I like best with my iFP-395T is the Etymotic ER-4X (40 ohm); second best is PX 200, third best PX 100, which has a special synergy with the iRiver to my ears, but doesn't isolate at all. You just have to turn the bass down by -6 dB at 50 Hz and -3 dB at 200 Hz as well as slightly increasing the treble (+3 dB at 14 kHz and maybe +3 dB at 3 kHz) -- I just don't know if the iFP-390 has the same EQ, but you get the point. I like the PX models. The PX 200 is somewhat critical in terms of individual anatomics due to the small contact surface (seal!) though.

user posted image