Sign in to follow this  
Arcos

Portable Headphone to go with iRiver IFP 390

Looking for a pair of closed can to go with my player, i'm new to this stuff and i got myself a koss 50. I found the band to be too tight, otherwise the sound is great for me. I listen mainly to pop, rock, some hip hop and house music.

Wait a minute, 50 or 55 is the one with the neckband? Nvm, mine is the neckband version tongue.gif

Edited by Arcos

if u are not going to use the new can for portable use, then i will recommend HD 200, cost about $120 at hung brothers, 3rd storey SLS.

take a listen to them at hung brothers and bring your own cds along wink.gif

As i'm using a mp3 player with only 12 mW of output, i wonder if it can power the HD280. It looks great to me happy.gif

But it is sure to turn some heads though, since its quite big tongue.gif

my 2 cts

can try beyerdynamic DT231

closed light headphones for portable use

price below $100

btw, how's the radio record function of the ifp-390?

actually KSC55 is quite good, u should stick with them first and remember to allow time for burn in b4 thinking about replacement

enjoy the music smile.gif

radio record function is only mediocre, line-in recording works much better.

KSC-35/50/55 IIRC dun benefit too much from burning in, so what you hear is abt what you get.

i like the sound quality of ksc55, just that the band is too tight for my head, i have headaches when wearing for more then an hour. Can't hear anything on some bus too. thats why looking for closed can

radio record function is ok, u get wat u hear from the radio. just make sure the signal is good or else u will record the hissing sound from bad signal too.

useful recording function, auto convert to mp3 format.

just check the DT231 out, i don think it can fold right? prefer to have something that can fold cos will be carrying it around.

foldable closed cans... refer to the link i made in my first reply. That guy was looking for a foldable closed can. So basically what reply you will get is what you see in that thread.

If i'm not wrong, wat i have read about PX200 is that it does not isolate that well and that the sound is rather muddy right?

Still the best sub-$100 closed, foldable cans IMHO. The Shure e2's may be worth considering if you are willing to raise your budget.

well it's kinda hard to get really good closed portable headphones for under $100.

hmmm...maybe the eggos?