Sign in to follow this  
chiagerald

Where to Service My Vintage Sony Discman D-40?

Hi!

My First post it seems!

I got tired of the sound quality of my iphone, even with Apple Lossless and decided to revive my vintage PCDP :holiday:

The unit still works okay, except that during playback, it tends to skip quite a bit... playing back the same track later, the skips are gone, but then the CD skips again in a different place...

I have a feeling that the unit just needs some simple maintenance, but I'm not sure how to do this... does anyone have any good advice ot person/company to recommend?

Will be so grateful! :helpsmilie:

Edited by chiagerald

Sorry as i am not too sure whether my method will help or not,but try to get the lens cleaner and clean the lens of the player maybe,it might be that the lens get dirty after some time of uage there.

Thanks for the reply! I don't have a cleaner though... I've tried playing and playing the same area where the skips happen (seems to be on track 1) and the skips seem to be gone for now (keep fingers crossed)...

Would still be great to have the unit checked and cleaned up :cans:

Hi, please do not use anything to wipe the lens except for a camera lens blower. The problem lies in the circuit board. They go nuts after a while and result in clocking error. The music sometimes tend to skip and sometimes not. The track may also tend to play fast or slow sometimes.