Sign in to follow this  
heck

SONY ex ear buds

ok thanks for all your help. i think i'll be getting a second hand close-to-mint condition ex-71 at 48 bucks. u guys think it's worth it?

Modded 70 are good, mine died after 3+ years of use, 51 is not so impresive, don't have chance to try 71 though. PX200 also provide some extent of isolation with quite good sound if you can get the fit right, the isolation is sufficient for MRT or street walking.

Elmer glue or something like that. White stuff like silicon glue and is transparent when dry. Peels off like silicon. Sold at popular bookstore.

Edited by Mackie

Guest sweattt
Do a search! But anyway, I can help some

LP is 1.2M no extension. SL is 0.5M + 1.0M extension. SP is no extension 0.5M

51 has no extension.

70 is extinct from the market except for 2nd hand at about $45 or less

71 costs $70 and 51 is $52(V3 audio SLS). I have lobang $10 cheaper for both. PM me if interested.

Basically, 71 is 51's clone except with more bass and with extension

71 is a replacement model for 70. It has more mids but do bare in mind these points:

70 has no extension, thus the cord is light and won't weigh down your ears, especially when you walk and the weight bounces up and down

70's mod have been proven to work very well. Whether it works on 71 with the same effectis not known, since the "foam" mod is cut the highs, thus bring out the mids, and it has not been widely applied on 71 so no one knows if it will make too much mids.

are there LP version of 51 and 71?

sadly, no.

except 51. It has a LP version, only available in the US. I have lobang for that 51LP. u can PM me if interested. If price has not changed, it is $42 for 51LP by my lobang.

Edited by lekguan

Guest sweattt

sadly, no.

except 51. It has a LP version, only available in the US. I have lobang for that 51LP. u can PM me if interested. If price has not changed, it is $42 for 51LP by my lobang.

am i correect to say that the 51 is only available in SP and SL?

thinking of either getting the ex series or the koss-50....

Edited by sweattt

This Sony MDR-EX71SL would look great with an iPod. Try emailing the seller whether he/she has the LP version.

We forgot about Bluetin.com. They have the SL, try inquiring for the LP.

51 only exists in SP. No SL. no extension. It does exist in LP in US, which I know how to get for $42 (if price not changed). Unfortunately, 71 has no LP, so walking with 71 is not a good idea.