Arcos

PX250

Looking for comments on this set of cans and wondering if a normal portable player can drive them?

The impedence is 300 and yet it is under portable section ohmy.gif

It has the same impedance of HD600 on that basis alone, a portable player will not be able to drive the cans to its full potential.

Edited by Mackie

IIRC, Duncan mentioned that without noise cancelling, it sounds like the PX200.

It has the same impedance of HD600 on that basis alone, a portable player will not be able to drive the cans to its full potential.

They're surprisingly efficient when the noise cancelling is switched on - its a mini amp laugh.gif

They can be driven fairly well with a 2mw amp, and to VERY loud levels with a 10mw old school sony CD player...

With NC off, they're not bad - but they're nothing exceptional, just on a similar level to Koss KSC35 - but with NC on... way better laugh.gif

erm, my player produce 12mW. so it shoud have enough juice to power it right?

I can power them well with 2nw (for normal ears) and they're deafening at 10mw (with NC on, they're less efficient with it off) - so i'd say most definetly!

Bass it tight, and punchy - and cleaner than that of the PX200, when using the noise cancelling... but, with it switched off, its too close to call.