Sign in to follow this  
ice888

What's the difference between...

...technically speaking? pls enlighten blink.gif

and another query...what are the "sign" showing that my hearing is deteriorating? i felt quite "light/empty" on one ear recently... ||| headphone.gif |

wink.gif

difference is bass. 71 is made more for noisy/bus/train situation where the noise attenuates lots of bass and midbass. Thus during normal usage its very bassy.

and also EX51SP is a 0.5m cable with no extension. Forget it if u aren't using a discman with a remote control.

difference is bass. 71 is made more for noisy/bus/train situation where the noise attenuates lots of bass and midbass. Thus during normal usage its very bassy.

and also EX51SP is a 0.5m cable with no extension. Forget it if u aren't using a discman with a remote control.

what about the freq response range and impedency? are 0.5m extension cords available and how much do they cost?

Everything else is the same, and you should not care so much about frequency response. They usually mean nothing.

You can get a 1.0m audio-technica earphones extension from best denki for $8.90 (pretty expensive). I found it in hougang festive market best. u can try other best.

Misunderstanding. The EX51/71 have paper diaphrams with a pin hole on each. Poke a needle thru this pin hole (shallowly) and gently pry out the paper diaphram. Replace with a short length of regular sponge; just enough to fill the circumference of the exposed cylinder.

Edited by Mackie

Oh the mod! I advise you not to try with the EX71/51 because it has not been proven to work on those (unless you can find someone doing it with success in head-fi), for if it doesn't work, all your $$$ will go down the drain.

I used a pencil, poke through and do the prying action.

And if you are trying, remeber to make the doam as less compressed as possible. I.e. use the foams sparsely, or it might affect the sound adversely. Try and see what you prefer.