Sign in to follow this  
adhoc

anyone seen the creative zen XTRA around?

hey all.. been a long time since i posted. it's good to be back.

anyway.. i'm looking around for a good mp3 player that is generous on the storage and easy on the price while being easy on the eyes still.

i've decided on the creative zen xrta 40/60gb model.

why not ipod you ask?

1. far too expensive, not cost effective at all

2. expensive to maintain (battery's 50 to replace)

3. everyone has it

anyway, i have been searching around sls for the zen xtra, but HAVE NOT FOUND IT YET. everytime i ask the storekeepers they give me a blank look then direct me to 1st gen zens or zn nx's. which are NOT what i want. the xtra has

a. larger storage

b. larger lcd screen

c. improved user interface

when compared to the plain zen or zen nx.

so has anyone seen these around? and if you have, could yu get back to me with the prices? going on what i've seen so far it may sound ridiculous but i may get the xtra cheaper from the states.

adhoc, you have any idea whether the Zen Xtra is compatible with macs, has a line out & can be used as a bootable drive?

Been looking around for them too but couldn't find any shops selling them... in the end bought zen nx from a fren who is working @ creative... got it at half the market price... maybe you might wanna try Creativex @ creative hq.

hey all.. been a long time since i posted. it's good to be back.

anyway.. i'm looking around for a good mp3 player that is generous on the storage and easy on the price while being easy on the eyes still.

i've decided on the creative zen xrta 40/60gb model.

why not ipod you ask?

1. far too expensive, not cost effective at all

2. expensive to maintain (battery's 50 to replace)

3. everyone has it

anyway, i have been searching around sls for the zen xtra, but HAVE NOT FOUND IT YET. everytime i ask the storekeepers they give me a blank look then direct me to 1st gen zens or zn nx's. which are NOT what i want. the xtra has

a. larger storage

b. larger lcd screen

c. improved user interface

when compared to the plain zen or zen nx.

so has anyone seen these around? and if you have, could yu get back to me with the prices? going on what i've seen so far it may sound ridiculous but i may get the xtra cheaper from the states.

i was also looking for the zen xtra.

which online stire you intend to import your zen from ? mind sharing ?

i am also considering importing

mmatrix,

i am looking for the 40gb version. 60gb is a bit of overkill for me.

any linkage for that? i notice that the 'buy' pages for the zens are NOT linked anywhere on the site.

harlow,

you have lobang for helping us get the xtra at staff discount prices?

paris, i was considering getting a friend to order from amazon.com, then shipping it over.

do note that the nx has a smaller screen than the xtra tho.. that's one of the main reasons why i'm getting the xtra - besides larger storage.

EDIT: and forgot to mention that the software included with the xtra is better too apparently.

Edited by adhoc

i just called up Creative... from what their sales people told me.. they wont be bringing in the Xtra 30G... only the 60G version...

so now i am hoping to get it in HK when i go there next month...

of course unless Harlow manage to get us a cheap deal for NX wink.gif

then what abt the 40gb? alamak this is looking bad.. issit you called the 63342278 number?

Edited by adhoc

nope.. i called the main creative number and they pass me over to the showroom....

i think wat they told me is that they will only bring in the 60G....

someone at another forum said that Xtra is only available in Europe/US areas and not in Asia areas....

really surprised ... thought taht since we are the "home" of Creative.. we will be able to get it too.. but alas..... no.gif

thanks man! party.gif