Sign in to follow this  
Utopwe

Headphone for playing guitar

Hi ppl.

Can recommend me a headphone, for me to plug to my amp. Cause wanna play my electric guitar at night and dun wan to have police knocking on my door for making a nuisance. tongue.gif

I play mostly rock music and my budget is around $100. So I guess the high end ones are out of my reach. smile.gif

thanks in advance

Do you prefer it closed or open? Circumaural (full sized, encapsulates the whole ear) supraural (smaller, rests on the ear).

Do bare in mind that the guitar's tone will change significantly when using directly from the headphone out of the guitar amp. If you are ok with that then I suggest you get something that has fairly heavy duty drivers. I would recommend Pro headphones but are fairly expensive & cost more than $100. Sony MDR-7506, Beyer DT250/DT770pro etc.

It's been a while since I've used mine & even with headphones on. All I can say is try out some cheap ones so if you break the drivers you won't lose much. I only used cheap Sony MDR supraural headphones (used on walkmans).

yOz...

First of all, what brand of amp do you use? Amps with lower weightings below 30 watts may not be able be able to provide the live stage soundings. Consider to tune your effect pedal/board to provide a close to a accurate live sounding. It is recommended to get a close monitoring headphone for usage on instruments playing. Sennheiser Monitoring Headphones could be a good choice when choosing. Currently i am using Sennheiser HD 212 PRO DJ..for sound monitoring, as well as for portable listening. But this model of headphone as a little harmonic distortion of 5%, providing more live stage soundings. It feels like playing on a 500 watts amp. party.gif

Psst: Please remember to tune down the volume of your headphone output when plugging the jack. It costs S$99.00. Not a bad buy!

Is that an electric only guitar or an electric + acoustic guitar?

If its the latter then closed phone would become a necessity.