Sign in to follow this  
iconic

cheap integrated amplifer

hi there, it sort of looks like i am going back into speakers after rationalising my headphone setup. there is a national company (d*ck smith electroincs) selling a chinese integrated amplifier for $150AU ~ $200SGD. here is the link:

http://koda.comm-cat.com/showroom.html?pro=1&pid=21893

obviously when they imported it they rebadged it. people in australia think the amplifer is a good buy at its price range. what do you guys reckon?

do you guys have any other suggestions for a cheap int amp? i'm guessing that in singapore, the same model is sold but under another badge.

it's either getting a cheapo pre-built amp, or get fishball79 to build me an aska cool.gif

http://www.aksaonline.com/products/products_aksa55.html

thanks,

peter

Unknown to me sorry. I would stick to brands like Rotel, NAD etc at the lower end of the spectrum. They are made in china as well but usually designed elsewhere (UK usually, but sometimes Japan).

AKSA is a power amp and not a integrated, but should be no problem to add a passive pre since it's a diy amp. AKSA sounds very good to me at least. But it would not be in your AUD$150-$200 budget.

*in the silence of the lingering evening... an arrow whistles by the crowded,. switftly, firmly implanting itself into fishball79's back*

Ow.

Aksa is a great sounding amp but $$$

*in the silence of the lingering evening... an arrow whistles by the crowded,. switftly, firmly implanting itself into fishball79's back*

Ow.

Aksa is a great sounding amp but $$$

Chris,

Have you settled on which amp you want to diy? Remember during the NoiSing you were considering the AKSA and the TDA7294.. Now there is TDA7293, can use higher voltage trannies.

JT Foo,

aka fremen @echoloft.