Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Quality inexpensive speaker cables

Unfortunately the power cord is the fixed type (although it can still be replaced from the inside) I don't think my wife would love the idea of me opening up her beloved player! She got it while she was studying in London & places high sentimental value to it! Incidently I wanted her to get the Denon jobbies but nooo... these look more compact & bijou she said. Don't try arguing with a woman's logic!

AHF Art Audio carried some neotech, i tried em on a friend's KEF/Denon ht and it sounded just like solid core cables should, fairly lean, closer to neutral with alot of details. Definitely not the kind to give bass in a minicompo.

I suggest the fattest branded stranded copper cables u can shove into those tiny spring clips, perhaps u need someone here to send u those audio techinca plugs

Whacking any seemingly superior cable (purer copper, better insulation, blah) might wow you with the transparency or details initially but doesn't neccessarily make the system more enjoyable. Cables is unfortunately, all about colouring the sound towards your taste so you'd have to really know which 'part' of the sound u need to 'fix'

I got some cheap alternatives of the plug so sending over won't be necessary for now. I'll try them out with the NACA4 soon. Since I've been spoilt by my headphones I'm looking to fix the midrange as I'm not used to it sounding recessed typically in minicompos (overblown lows & highs). The NACA4, Trents & Nait 2 combination always had a forward & intimate presentation to the soundstage suiting jazz, blues & smaller sets.