Sign in to follow this  
tropicalrips

Mini Alps volume pot

finally got the mini Alps volume pot today smile.gif

user posted image

can see the size difference between the normal Alps blue and the mini ones smile.gif

had to order these from Farnell

should we hav a seperate section in the forum just for DIY stuff mellow.gif

this may help others who are interested in DIY, may be easier to get info this way

Soon Tropicalrips we will have more classifications.

Is the one on the furthet right an Alps as well.

Do me a big favour - I hate farnells website - could you PM or email the part number for the Green and the little blue one.

Also if you do know off hand - what values does the little blue one come in.

all 3 are Alps pots

the one in the middle (green) is 50k log

the little blue one is 10k log

i hate the Farnell website too yucky.gifsmile.gif i had to go though all the pages on volume pot to find these, the search funtion never seem to find what i'm looking for wacko.gif

one more thing the, the middle pot has a center "notch" so u know when u hav turn to 12 o'clock, i think this is ment for a left/right balance pot rite

i still need to figure out the pin configuration on the little blue one. its not the same as the Panasonic no.gif

Edited by tropicalrips

You guys could request from Farnell a CD catalogue. The CD catalgue is much easier to browse, somemore with datasheet link.

Notch in the middle of th 340 degree turn. Hmm...hope it's not a balance pot? Not a volume pot.

The little blue one look similar to the panasonic.

JT - I use a mac so I automatically assume it's ain't available. Well RS' was not avail for mac. The world hates mac - but it lives - long live the mac! Ok ok I was getting carried away LOL

How much does the mini Alps pot cost?

the green one is abt $10

the blue one abt $5

there is another "vertical" version for the mini blue, i couldn't figure out whcih is "horizontal" & whcih is "vertical", so just ordered the horizontal one, i thought they ment the pins will be horizontal lol.gif i seems they were talking abt the way it mounts.

the mini blue alps has 7 pins wacko.gif 1 of them is a dummy, the configuration is different from panasonic, they are in pairs, the same as their bigger brother (when view from the back) 1-1 2-2 3-3 & dummy

i hav measure the green pot, looks like its still a volume pot, will try it on one of my amps, there's no indication on Farnell side if it was for volume or balance it just says "POTENTIOMETER DUAL 50K" & i remember it was the only one at this size the others were 10k & Linear

Edited by tropicalrips

I have tons of the mini blue ones, i didnt think they were alps though. You say you got it for $5? I got mine for $.5 a piece.

Pin configuration is...

gnd-gnd-in-in-out-out-dummy

ivan c.

its printed "Alps Japan" on the top & side

where u got yours from?

pin configuration looks the same

tropic,

Do you have the Farnell Stock number of your mini blue. I see if I can get the datasheet from the CD catalgue. With the datasheet, we can trace the pins.

i traced the pin configuration for both pots, the mini blue is the same as eyevancsu's pot

gnd-gnd-out-out-in-in-dummy

i'm listening to the mini green pot right now, hav soldered it to one of my Cmoys, its not a balance pot, or at least i don't think so. works fine as a volume pot

could i have the order #. i can`t seem to find it. even green one is fine. i`m desperate for a pot. my tube pre has no pot and i get quite irritated every time music comes through.

ah, i got the pot in today. i got the green one since it was on sale. i`ve just done it up and my first impressions are not too good. the pot isn`t as clean sounding as the cerment pot i was using before.