Sign in to follow this  
jasonhanjk

After getting my Seinnheiser HD600, what's next?

How many buffers are you using for the META42?

The recommended is 3.

2 for stereo and 1 for virtual ground. Stick to this config first until I find 100mA from the buffer not enough to drive HD600 300 ohm impedence to the max 80mW.

wacko.gif

I heard of ppl stacking 10 for each channel, guess it's a gross overkill!!!

10!!! w00t.gif

Definately an overkill. I am also currently looking at other possibility instead of the meta42.

I like to build some new circuit, is there anyone out there willing to test for me.

Instead of using 2 opamp and 3 buffer, I may try to buy 2 special Audio amp IC (TAD2030h) to replace the part of the meta42 design. Current THD for that IC is 0.1% and I don't know how is the META42 THD.Anyone got link to that???

A better version of that IC cost more than S$100 per stereo channel! no.gif

The cheap and good one less than S$10.

Maybe go down Sim ling tower tomorrow. beer.gif

Envious, I've got to work and by the time I get down to SLT, most of the shops are closed. When I go there on Sat, they are not even opened. I had been more reluctant to try DIY.

Have you taken a look at Pass Labs? I was told that the old A40 amp may be used to drive headphones ...

Edited by Northern Oak

Envious, I've got to work and by the time I get down to SLT, most of the shops are closed. When I go there on Sat, they are not even opened. I had been more reluctant to try DIY.

Have you taken a look at Pass Labs? I was told that the old A40 amp may be used to drive headphones ...

I can go there directly after work, reach there fastest 5.30... biggrin.gif

Hmmm, Pass Labs. Will take note of this...

Goodnight!!! yawn.gif