Sign in to follow this  
dreamie

Advice on CMOY amp!

Hi everyone.

I would like to view the schematics of some CMOY amp variations, could some kind soul put it here? THank you! party.gif

I have acquired the following components for the project.

2* Matsush*ta (Panasonic) LXF series 680uF 16V capacitor.

4* 0.068uF Nichicon 'Paper-in-oil' (PIO) whistling.gif capacitor.

8* 1% metal film resistors.

1* 5% carbon resistor.

2* 3.5mm socket.

2* 4-pin DIP IC socket (Made by Texas Instruments... patented. w00t.gif )

Anything I left out? happy.gif

I plan to parallel 2 of the PIO caps to get closer to the 0.1uF. Takes up alot of real estate, but it is PIO. w00t.gif

Planning to use the TLE2426 virtual ground driver to obtain ground reference, instead of using a voltage divider ala CMOY style.

Please advise. Thanks a million! showoff.gif

Looks reasonable.. I hope your R2 isn't 100k since you opted for using ~0.1uF signal caps. Try 220k/ 470k instead.

4-pin DIP socket? That's interesting..

Looks reasonable.. I hope your R2 isn't 100k since you opted for using ~0.1uF signal caps. Try 220k/ 470k instead.

4-pin DIP socket? That's interesting..

Hmm.. how would the R2 value staying at 100k affect the overall circuit? Thanks in advance for the forthcoming enlightenment. party.gif

R5 is optional, but is it good to have one? Thanks once again. holiday.gif

Got that socket from Koba. It is inside the bag of normal sockets... just gotta look hard enough. w00t.gif

Hmm... have some questions regarding the TLE2426. I'm afraid it can't supply enough current to the opamp. (most probably OPA627, 637 or AD8610) Are there any solutions to it? Tangent audio mentioned BUF634, but that's gonna eat into precious real estate. The PIO caps have already claimed owner on a large plot on land... no.gif

Did up something...

http://www.villagephotos.com/image.asp?id_...256&sessionkey=

Compared with the PPA supply, this has shared ground (not sure if PPA is sharing ground) and lacks a few transistors to attenuate the noise (right?).

Would this work? Thanks.

happy.gif

(never used villagephotos b4. if pic doesnt show, try: http://www.villagephotos.com/browse.asp?selected=820071 ) mellow.gif

Hmm.. after looking at it carefully seems like it wont work... dry.gif

Any idea how much current these opamps draw? cool.gif TIA.

they draw next to nothing on idle.

they can draw quite abit depending on the load.

Thanks for your input.

Any idea how much it draws for the worse condition? Thanks.

I guess i will settle with a simple voltage divider as per Cmoy schematic. The PIO caps are taking up almost half of an Altoids tin can. blink.gif Oh yea, I got an Altoids tin can, found it somewhere in the house. rolleyes.gifhappy.gif

Why don't you read the datasheet? The info are all there if you put a little effort to go thru it. And the best thing is you'll learn something more from the datasheet.

From Datasheet, the TLE2426 max current out is +- 80ma

Max output from Burr Brown's OPA like the 2132 or 2604 (from memory) is about +- 35ma... TLE2426 is more than enough, coz more than often the OPA don't reach to 35ma, unless you're driving low impedance headphone like the Grado.

You're doing a Cmoy right? So I assume you'll be usingn just one opamps without buffer.

Why don't you read the datasheet? The info are all there if you put a little effort to go thru it. And the best thing is you'll learn something more from the datasheet.

From Datasheet, the TLE2426 max current out is +- 80ma

Max output from Burr Brown's OPA like the 2132 or 2604 (from memory) is about +- 35ma... TLE2426 is more than enough, coz more than often the OPA don't reach to 35ma, unless you're driving low impedance headphone like the Grado.

You're doing a Cmoy right? So I assume you'll be usingn just one opamps without buffer.

blush.gif Guess I was too carried away to forget to read the datasheet.. my apologies... blush.gif

Hmm... then I suppose I can use the TLE2426 to power a pair of opamps after all.

Thanks for your enlightenment. party.gif

Completed my CMOY. It sounds like a MALFUNCTIONING RADIO WITH EXTREMELY BAD RECEPTION!!! Lots of static like sound... Tried it on a headphone for a few seconds but my ears begged for mercy so i used it as a preamp and I could hear it more clearly on the speakers alot of static like noise. mad.gif Could it be because of the PIO? Old caps sound like old radio... dry.gif

My previous CMOYs without any caps didnt sound this bad!!

I'm gonna scrap the PIO... gonna save me alot of board space. Are the Evox Rifa caps any good?

AHHH... MY WEEKENDS WASTED!! mad.gif

Edited by dreamie

Looks reasonable..  I hope your R2 isn't 100k since you opted for using ~0.1uF signal caps.  Try 220k/ 470k instead.

4-pin DIP socket?  That's interesting..

Hmm.. how would the R2 value staying at 100k affect the overall circuit? Thanks in advance for the forthcoming enlightenment. party.gif

Read the META42 article on the signal cap value and u'd know why.. I'm not about to spoonfeed ya.

It sounds like a MALFUNCTIONING RADIO WITH EXTREMELY BAD RECEPTION!!! Lots of static like sound...

Could it be because of the PIO? Old caps sound like old radio... dry.gif

More like a wrong connection (or lack of) or solder bridge somewhere.

Looks reasonable..  I hope your R2 isn't 100k since you opted for using ~0.1uF signal caps.  Try 220k/ 470k instead.

4-pin DIP socket?  That's interesting..

Read the META42 article on the signal cap value and u'd know why.. I'm not about to spoonfeed ya.

It's in the original META webby I suppose? It's late.. i'll search tmr. happy.gif Thanks.. seems like there's still hope..