Sign in to follow this  
juz4fun

TuneCast II Mobile FM Transmitter

Hi,

anyone know whether this Belkin FM transmitter is available in S'pore?Want to use it in my car with my nomad muvo2 player. Where can I buy one & how much would it cost? thks for yr help.

post-8-1084185412.jpg

i can check with the Belkin supplier smile.gif

ok, Thanks. Already found, sold in apple centers.

Edited by juz4fun

ok, Thanks. Already found, sold in apple centers.

Hi j4f,

How much did you pay for it? This is the unit that can set any frequency. The older Belkin one only got 4 preset stations to broadcast through. Not very ideal cos it clashes with the 88.3 MHz. Don't mind if you let me know the performance of it? Can just leave anywhere in the car and your headunit in the car will pick up?

sorry, I did not buy one yet, but saw a shop in Sim Lim selling for about $78. So reviews have been mixed on the internet though.

J4F, you cannot expect much sound quality from these. You know those satellites around singapore broadcasting your FM signals? If even those can't give you cd quality sound, I doubt something in the form factor of a candy bar (half eaten) can.

Anyway, the $78 one is the multi frequency one? Or the fixed one without display? Even the multi-frequency one got one version (grey) with a car cigarette lighter charger, so no need batteries. That's the one you want.

$78 for the multi-freq model, I just bought the cassette adapter and it works fine & cheaper too. Btw I am using the 4gb muvo2 and works great with my super mini amp and er6 etymotics.

I think the er6s are probably easy to drive. What's your super mini amp? which one is that? I am looking out for another one that is capable of driving the DT431s, super low efficiency. something like 86 dB spl only.

I just got the tunecast (grey) with cigarette lighter adaptor. It's S$68. Bought from PA at the PC show today. Sound is ok, you really shouldn't expect too much from them. It's FM. And I realise I've got to push up the volume quite a bit as it's a little on the soft side.

Oh, by the way, I was trying to set the optimal frequency band for the tunecast to work and I realised that Singapore's airwaves are REALLY crowded! There's probably a station every 0.4 MHz!

By virture of that fact, you shouldn't be considering tunecast 1 as that only has limited 4 frequency settings pre-determined in factory, 88.something to 89.something I think. Not sure. But there's alredy 88.3, 88.9 crowding our airwaves already.

I think the er6s are probably easy to drive. What's your super mini amp? which one is that? I am looking out for another one that is capable of driving the DT431s, super low efficiency. something like 86 dB spl only.

Xin super mini amp, not sure how it will drive the dt431 though.

Xin super mini amp, not sure how it will drive the dt431 though

C'mon...DT431 ain't gonna trouble this little amp for it's big and juicy enough to drive even DT880 (250ohms). Sound and size certainly do not equate in this case. A good amp!