Sign in to follow this  
red_ryder

Any mp3 players that use CF cards?

Just wondering. If have would be great coz I have quite a few CF cards lying around unused.

Hi

one option if you don't mind a little DIY, is to get a creative muvo2 shell (the player without the 4 GB microdrive) and put ur CF card in. The steps on how to do so are available on the net. just do a search in google. although I must warn you that not all brands of CF cards can work with it. I read somewhere that Sandisk CF cards have been known to work. I think you can get the muvo shell from Ebay for about S$100. More work involved but it's a cheaper alternative and sound quality is quite good. Throw in S$99 for the FM Tuner cum remote control which you can get in Singapore (e.g. royale computer, funan it mall). just my 2 cents. smile.gif

well I'm using a muvo2 myself, but I haven't done the steps to swap the microdrive with a CF card as the 4 GB suits my purposes for music and backups.

get the muvo2 shell.

i got one. damn zai! better sound than my IPOD, and USB mass storage compatible...

works with specific CF only though. like sandisk 256/512.

The immediate advantage is that the player will be FASTER. The microdrive based Muvo^2 is damn slow. Sometimes even going to the next song will be slow, maybe about 2 seconds before skipping track.

Sprockett, you think the Muvo^2 sounds better than the iPod? I never had a chance to do a side by side comparison but I am interested to know. Better sound as in?

In theory, you should be also able to get much longer battery life from your Muvo^2 using the CF instead of the Microdrive. Can you confirm?