Sign in to follow this  
Mayan_Aztec

Advice on Creative stuff

hmmm do you really need 7.1 speakers? the wires might pose a problem for you, if your room is small

here ive surfed some reviews about it and you can read it for yourself happy.gif

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread....threadid=618678

http://www20.tomshardware.com/video/20031222/speaker-09.html

Edited by huihong

while reading through my old PC Gamer issues i also found a review of the Gigaworks

As a monkey's uncle, im finding it difficult to focus on this review. You see, monkeys aren't as evolved as humans, Sure we've got opposabke thumbs and hairy bottoms just like you, but when all is said and done, we're pretty dumb.

You're probably asking yourself, "Why has TheVede become a monkey's uncle?" Well, because I'm guilty of telling all my friends that Creative Labs would never produce multimedia speakers that could dance toe-to-toe with the best of what Klipsch and Logitech are currently producing - and that i'll be a "monkey's uncle" if it ever came to pass.

I'll think i'll tear into a banana while i ponder my mistake.

But before I do, allow me to tell you all about the raw sonic joy that is Creative's new S700 and S750 speakers, Both are analog, and both ship with the same fantastic 210 watt subwoofer. The only difference between the sets is that the S750 comes with 7 satellites ( 1 center, 2 fronts, 2 sides and 2 rears ), while the S700 comes with 5 ( 1 center, 2 fronts and 2 rears ).

The terrific thing about the S700 is that you can choose to add 2 more Creative satellites later on, and you'll have upgraded yourself to a S750. Yup both sets share the same components and are rated at 560 watts with 5 satellites connected, or an ear-gasmic 700 watts with all 7.

Creatives literature suggests that these ratings are both "total system burst power" and RMS. which seems paradoxical. But hey dont let that bother you. Both systems are every bit as loud and clear as anything else on the market - if not more so.

In computer-geek circles, "the dream" has always been to pair Klipsch's near perfect ProMedia's Ultra satellite speakres with Logitech's earth-quaking Z-680 sub. The end result, we fantasized, would be a set of speakers so powerful no mortal nerd could wield them. These Gigaworks are those speakers, my friends, and we are the nerds who must try to rein them in!

Creative obviously designed its satellites with Klipsch's Promedias in mind. Its speaker housings look nearly identical, and they're outfitted with comparably-sized tweeters and mid-range drivers. As a result, both companies' satellites sound crisp, clear and breathtaking.

Creative seems to have blazed its own trail with its sub. Its design is a bit different from the other guys, and it puts the ProMedia sub to shame. Its even a bit tighter and louder than Logitech's. Utterly amazing.

Both sets of Gigaworks speakers ship with a wireless remote, plus a small wired control pod that has an output for headphones and an input for MP3 players.

Now excuse me while i head off to dine on bananas and fire ants.

PC Gamer Editor's Choice 92%

Edited by huihong

I only have a 5.1 audigy sound card...........

If I were to buy Audigy 7.1 ZS and Gigaworks S750 I'd go broke....

Think I'll just go for S700 smile.gif

Thanks for the advice...

Hey, if u really want to go for 7.1 setup and Audigy 7.1 is too ex, u could always try the Gainward Hollywood @ Home 7.1 sound card. It's $59, just arrived to sg. Think a couple of shops selling it now.. using the new envy 24-S chip... Pretty good reviews online...