Sign in to follow this  
bpribadi

Where to buy AD8610/20 in Singapore?

Hi! Anyone know where to get AD8610/20 in Singapore? Farnell and RS components don't have it.

Also, is there cheaper shop to buy OPA637? Farnell selling at around SGD 40.- per piece.

Thanks!

dry.gif I got two AD8620 from Tangent's site via PayPal. Feel like an idiot now that I read that you can get them free as samples. Cost me about S$60 for both including postage. On the other hand, Tangent had them mounted on the 8DIP adaptor board, I don't think I can do what Jason (is that correct?) did in the other thread. He's got real steady hands. yes.gif

Oooppss sorry to hear that... I just got mine for free from AD happy.gif

They use TNT express for delivery, so it was less than a week from ordering till I got the chips.

Goosshh... wacko.gif it was the most difficult soldering I ever did. I tried few ways to make those ICs useable. At the end, the easiest way to do is to extend the legs.

So this is what I did:

1. Straighten all the chip legs with long nose plier.

2. grip them with my vise grip to make them steady (vise grip also help to transfer the solder's heat).

3. prepare a solid wire, not to big, 0.4 mm is good enough. Give a little bit of solder tin on the wire end.

4. Hold them steady, and let the wire end (already covered with solder tin) touch the chip leg, and heat the wire end with solder for a short time.

5. Done. Now the ICs are ready make music headphone.gif

Why don't you order some and try it yes.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Good job, bpribadi. Amazing stuff. I have to learn how to get some samples of AD8610 as I would like to build my cheapo version of the PPA. biggrin.gif BTW - good photography too.