Sign in to follow this  
yongchris

REVIEW : Shure E2C

Sorry to hear about your situation, live & learn. Just remember that it's always best not to rush in to a purchase. Why don't you try an interest check on you E2c in the classifieds. No committment to sell but just to see if anyone is interested to buy it off you. One man's poison is another man's nectar so to speak.

Concerning the age of the E4S/P... consider the Grado line, how old are they? If they aint broke...

Way old, but way goood. tongue.gif

My 4Ps are used only on the move btw. I still consider it money well spent because I use them 3 hours at least on a daily basis. The home rig gets maybe 3 hours per WEEK. I'm usually too tired to listen to music by the time I get home from work, I'd rather watch TV.

Absolutely agreed. I so wished I skipped the ER-6's and went straight to the ER-4's, but that's just part and parcel of the upgrade process. ER-4i's would be a great idea, but not likely IMO since not many people are willing to fork out so much for earbuds, like yongchris mentioned. I am still trying to get used to the stares I get with the ER-4's (and my friend called it an "ancient hearing aid"...). rolleyes.gif

(and my friend called it an "ancient hearing aid"...).

I did try introducing them as hearing aids (and a laugh after that) so they don't get the fun of lauging at them being "hearing aids". It seems it worked out,

but one of my friends calls me "agent smith" when I put on my E1c smoke.gif

Sorry to hear about your situation, live & learn. Just remember that it's always best not to rush in to a purchase.

I guess you can audition but it'd be a little more difficult for canalphones compared to full sized cans. Yet I believe if you would post something in the forum, someone help will be willing to let you have an audition. IMO canalphones are sometimes a "hit and miss" kind of things. Either you love them or you hate them. Some people simply can't stand canalphones no matter how "hifi" the sound, because of the poor ergonomics (of some), or because of the in-head sound.

Update :

I think my ears have been run-in to the sound.

The cable is still uncomfortable, but I've gotten used to the discomfort.

The isolation is still too good to live without.

The sound seems better now, but I'm not sure if it's my wanting them to sound better (ie ears burn in) or that the buds have really burnt in. The upper and mid veil is still there, though it's less obvious. The bass is still rocking, and not just "boom boom" bass, but serious double bass instrumentation from jazz tracks.

I'm going to live with them, till they break down, then it's the ER4s for me(hopefully the latest incarnation)

I've "forgotten" how much I've paid for these, and the heartache has gone away. I'm very happy with them for day to day travelling, and it's definitely made my bus rides alot more bearable.

Now, I wonder if I should an amp for this.

Chris

ps. Guess what, the mx500s which I thought I had "lost" have been "found" they were hidden deep within my work bag, and they only appeared when I bought a new bag and was transferring the contents.