Sign in to follow this  
nakedtoes

KOSS KSC 35

Just got a good condition used pair on the net.. and when i first time listen to them i was astonished.. They sound so good that they are comparable to my Grado SR80 .. I was listening to the 12 girls band from china using the KOSS KSC35 for a while and i thought i have put on my grado SR80 instead.. Their detail level is quite up to par with Grado SR80. Stronger Bass compare to SR80, while MId and high the SR80 wins.. SR80 is also more forwarding, more punchy but the KSC35 only loose by a little bit margin only.. The KSC35 also sound more wide unlike the SR80 which sound a little darker compare to the KSC35..The KOSS KSC35 is also easier to drive then the SR80. It is a shame they are priced so cheap and it is definitely the best headphone in the under $100 cat..

party.gif

gotta agree with u on the sound quality, borrowed my friends 1 to listen.. gd stuff ! the only drawback would be they are clip-ons, and im a specky so it can be uncomfortable.. sad2.gif

This is the first time ever I heard someone describing the SR80's sound being referred to as slightly dark! I personally don't think they have more detail over the SR80 but I do however acknowledge their price performance ability which is quite impressive & has that wow factor in the short term.

Concur with N@Z but nevertheless, KSC35 is one marvellous pair of clip-ons. If U're feeling adventurous and wishes to extract more high level details from it, cut a 20-cent or $1-dollar coin sized concentric circle on each pad, thus exposing the drivers partially. No worries on damage to the drivers for they are further shielded by plastic protectors.

Nevertheless, the Grado SR80 still wins in the details.. And yes the KSC35 sound more lively then the Grado.. maybe its time to get a headphone Amp for my Grado.. tongue.gif

Mackie: Ok i will do that to my KSC35 and try again.. headphone.gif