Sign in to follow this  
xiaobuaya

Headphones for gaming ? 5.1 ?

hey guys

i'm should be getting a new rig and maybe a audigy2 zs or a m-audio revolution if i need one

i'm quite a hardcore gamer so i'm looking for 5.1 headphones ? or headphones that can give a surround effect in games..

i remember seeing a review of 5.1 headphones online before.. anyidea where i can get such headphones locally ? good ones preferably..

and how are such headphones with dvds ? and music(mainly mp3s)

i have no space for speakers and blasting gunfire on speakers in the middle of the night doesn't go down too well with my parents. tongue.gif

i'm not that much of an audiophile but i do own a pair of hd497s for listening to mp3s..

it has served me well so i may use this for music on my rig .

5.1 headphones dun really work in games because u lose the detail in sound crucial to placement of origin. yer better off with good stereo surround headphones which will help u place sounds in 3d soundspace better.

anyone tried or seen the Philips HG100... unsure.gif

interesting looking headset, it has some kind of "vibrator" attached to the headset & place at the back of your head when u wear them smile.gif

i hav check with my supplier on the price of this headset, and they turn out to be more expensive then the Senn PC150 sleep.gif

post-10-1103468346.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips