Sign in to follow this  
theobservatory.

Toshiba SD-3950/3960 DVD players

Does anybody know whether these stand alone dvd players are available in Singapore? I've only seen them on Toshiba's US site and not the SG website. People over at AA and then gradually head-fi have gone crazy over these players. Their really cheap price (less than US$100) and supposedly wonderful SQ is getting me really curious. Some say it's better than NAD's and Cambridge Audio's budget US$500 players. And on top of that there are lots of mods available for them. Anybody?

Try courts or best denki, I think I did see some, or similar models on sale. Quite frankly I think the aa and head-fi guys are nuts. But hey, if people want to buy a cheap player and dump a couple of hundred dollars worth of parts into them and expect performance similar to two thousand dollar cd players more power to them! I'd love to hear a modded toshiba myself.

Haha! Yeah they are pretty big NUTS! wacko.gif

It's just that all the talk made me very curious, in particular stuff about the mods and all. Pretty crazy in it.

I might actually take a casual look-see over at Courts and Best Denki. Hmmm... will see what I can get out of that. biggrin.gif