Sign in to follow this  
dreamie

My AD8610 pre/head-amp

bripadi, what you mean

I see there is only one bridge (4x MUR860), that's why dreamie use the BUF634 for the 'virtual' ground.

if i use the CT (connected to real ground via iec socket) as signal ground, is it ok?

bpripadi,

Inverting mode is chosen for its simplicity (partly due to the VERY limited range of Holcos available as well tongue.gif ). By the way, sharp eyes. biggrin.gif

The ground used to be from the +ve and -ve output of the 2 rectifier bridges, but later removed.

huangyong,

Do you mean the resistor placed at the output of the pre-amp? huh.gif

Regarding the virtual ground question, except for the DEEP bass that's missing after converting, there's no other difference i noticed (I had a short-lived dual trannie-rectifier bridge PS tongue.gif ) However, the deep bass could also be missing due to the 1800uF capacitance per rail I removed.

The center-tap of the trannie can be used as signal ground, but note your grounding technique to remove unnecessary noise/hum injected. wink.gif

Do you mean the resistor placed at the output of the pre-amp?  huh.gif

YES. wink.gif

I didnt use that. I notice them mainly in tube pre-amplifiers. I guess it's also to drain the output capacitor's current. happy.gif