Sign in to follow this  
ill_i_bus

just ordered my shure e5c's, make a good choice??

bea rin mind, ive been listening to music on my pocket pc using their supplied handfree kit stero headphones for like a yr and last time i heard quality cans on the go was the sony grrove headphones. before the pocket pc, all i heard was archo's supplied "street style" wannabe headphones which came with that first jukebox with the colour screen like 2.5years ago and also (more) my handsfree kit for a phone on which i listened to the radio.

at home ive got an ok set up with the creative gigaworks (7.1sound).

Ive got some big phillips hp890's which i use OCCASIONALLY when using laptop but never really.

Ordered the h3c's to use on my iriver h140 which arrives tomorrow (not sure about the e5c's since i ordered few hours back from usa and im in the UK).

i like hiphop, rap, classical (westeren and eastern though the eastern has some sweet vocals), and a little pop..

so you think i'll be happy with these headphones or have i messed up?

Disclaimer : I'm not being nasty here, I'm just asking an honest question thats been bugging me for a while.

Why do so many people, esp those on head-fi, ask for opinions/feedback AFTER making their purchases and not BEFORE? Seems to be a reversal of the logical decision making process, if you ask me. wacko.gif

That being said, as long as they sound good to you after receiving them, who cares what we think? Its your ears, and I'm quite sure that Shure does not make any earbuds that actually sound awful(no pun intended) tongue.gif

People need a little affirmation to justify an expensive purchase! Although I'm a little confused as to why you bothered with the E3c when you're also getting the E5c.

I don't know what your equipment sounds like but at least on my Modified Sony SRF-S84 pocket radio & Sharp MS701H2 MD player, to me it sounds good straight out of the headphone out. Rap, Hip-hop & Pop music will suit it well. The E5 has, how shall I say, has a unique sound characteristics. I don't want to say much as it would be better for you to experience the sound for yourself. What av98m said in his last paragraph is very true.

I would be a little more wary about how you will find them for comfort as they are of the ear canal design. Then there's the issue with fit that some people have problems with.