Sign in to follow this  
papaya86

papaya86

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread....t=hd600+contact

i got this problem this morning as i applied a lil pressure on my right headphone cup for a more secured fit, the right channel suddenly konk out,press a lil more and the sound din come back for about 3 seconds. so i called up the seller and asked him what i should do, he asked me to reinstall the plug of which i did and still same problem, i even changed the left plug to the right socket to check if it was the cable that was causing the problem, but it was indeed the right plug socket that did not have enough contact with the pins. i called up sennheiser and told them the problem and suggested that the contact might be loose or something and the repair should be fairly easy. If i do not apply any pressure on the right side of the headphones, sound will not be affected, so i figured it should be pretty easy to remedy the problem. The technician replied "this product is made in germany, i have no knowledge in repairing anything except to replace the parts", and i really felt like asking him how the hell he got the position as technician for senneheiser asia if he knew nuts about problems and solutions. so i asked the costs of the repair, of which he said replacing the "capsule" costs $107. The price was pretty lame so i went on to fiddle with the connection here and there and tried pasting scothtape to secure it etc, but all to no avail. last resort i called up fuwen as he once owned a hd600. He said this is a known problem for a couple of models and it was caused by the metal coils not having enough contact with the pins and that there was a solution posted over at head-fi. so off i went to check it out. i had 3 options, one is to get the repair fees from the seller, another is to give it a shot on repairing it myself and lastly a full refund from the seller. i decided to repair it myself even if i screwed up i'll just replace the whole damn thing over at sennheiser. i used a spoon and a safty pin for gettin the coils back in position. after gettin the coil back in position, i tested the headphone out and there was sounddddddd~. and i played around with the right socket by applyin pressure and it was not affected at all, so i guess its pretty much fixed for the time being.

Thanks once again to fuwen for his help.

and one more thing, its pretty burned in by now and it kicks ass for genres like blues and jazz. for rock its more bearable now but still far from good.

Hi! Papaya86, glad to know that u have made a right decision and now happily enjoying music with your HD600. Do try it with classical music and it should be a very good experience.

Enjoy!