Sign in to follow this  
lengcm

New CDP

I am so bad with home rigs that the only thing I see is the rack's leg is making a scratch on your marble tile and you probably took this picture at 10.45am. biggrin.gif

A pic of the insides of the Cary303/300 taken from the cary website

Looks well designed.. Mechanically as well.. They seem to have redesigned the loader mech. Should be more sturdy.. Good use of R-core, bobbin transformer as well.. They're known to be better for digital supplies. Tranditional E/ C core type transformer for the tube stage too.. Nice... Neat layout as well.. You've definitely got what you paid for... Remember to invite me over once the burn-in is complete.. LOL..

Sure thing. Maybe a couple of weeks more.

Do I spy a pair of WBT RCA outputs there? The nut should be round with 3 holes if they're WBT.. =)

I don't think it is a WBT RCA output.

Very nice, neat layouts, R-core transformer, MKP dc blocking caps etc...

Since the Cary uses the 12AU7 tubes, the following website can be useful to you

http://user.tninet.se/~vhw129w/mt_audio_de...eakpage_dac.htm

I have a bundle of american 12AU7 like the GE, RCA etc. I can lend them to you if you are keen. Rameish has some CV4003 too.

Any Telefunken in that bundle?

Guest Ruach

Nope. The Telefunkens are a bit too expensive to own and I don't think that I will like the sonic characteristics.

What I have is RCA 12AU7 (Cleartop), GE 5963 (1960s), GE 5963 (Blackplates 1950s), Sylvania 5963, Mullard CV4003, RCA 5963. If you are keen, do let me as the bundle is with another friend of mine.