Sign in to follow this  
tubist

Recommend HeadPhone

Hi All.

I have shifted house and have no place for my hifi, with my kid coming out also....hence am looking for a suitable headphone setup to continue my audio enjoyments....

I am looking for headphone recommendations....no budget at the moment but S$500 is comfortable for me and above it is fine if they are justified.

What I can looking for is comfort level the most and the ability to player classical and general music well.

Please help me with your suggestions and location to buy smile.gif

Have a happy chinese new year!!

Edited by tubist

May I know what is your source? Do U intend to buy a dedicated headamp? If negative, are U gonna plug the headphone to headphone output of the cdp or pre-am/integrated amp? If it's the latter, please specify make and model.

Here's a start on the cans that may suit your need/taste:

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=191

is tubist asking about portable headphones?

seems like he is talking about headphones for use at home

Dear all.

My source will be a heavily modified denon DCD685 CDP. I may get a dediacated headphone amp but I first will try improving my DCD685's headphone output stage. smile.gif

I will be using headphones and not in-ear-phones.

Thanks for any suggestions!!

i also using the 685 smile.gif the headphone out of the player looks like it can be improved on, there's enough room in there for a headamp to be built into it, i was also thinking about this mod for the 685, now i'm considering building a headamp inside the DCD685 and wire the output from this amp to the headphone out since the volume pot is already there sleep.gif