Sign in to follow this  
kank_39

Any recommendations for a mini/micro system?

I'm looking for a mini/micro system at the moment for my bedroom, which doesn't have the luxury of space. I don't really need one that has a good headphone output (sorry headphone lovers) as i listen to most of my stuff off the speakers at home. Just small and compact will do and of course the sound uality must be good.

I'm into rock and heavy metal stuff.

I'm currently eyeing the Denon DM31, which has been appariased as one of the best "mini" system recently. The only problem is taht reviews do not recommend it for the music that i dig.

Any recommendations from you guys before i go downtown to check the systems out?

Cheers!

smile.gif

it will be great with rock and heavy metal if you can add a subwoofer to it.

I have a Denon DM7, top of the line back in 1998 i think and felt it is a very good value for money. I still have the system now.

It can't be matched for the price unless you go for separates or 2nd hand. Remember, this system is well matched, ie the cdp, amp and speakers gell together and have synergy. It will take time and cash if u want to assemble your system piece by piece to match components with great synergy together.

Wow! Read some rave reviews on the DM7 too but i don't think i neither need a 3CD changer, a MD component nor a casette. A simple reciever + CD player will be more than sufficient, in addition to some great sound. smile.gif It's being discontinued and replaced by the DM10, which seems equally impressive, except for the hefty price tag.

Anyway the one can plug a sub woofer into the DM31, if needed, but what i'm really interested in is the Mission speakers that's supposed to come with the system. It's got pretty rave reviews from what i read.

Any idea how much the DM31 is going for now ?

From what i found online, the M31 is going for $629 and there seems to be only one retailer of this set in Singapore. sad2.gif

Try People's Audio in people's park complex.

I bought my DM7 (3cd changer + amp + speakers) for less than $629 eons ago. Didn't know DM3 is so expensive. I thought it costs less than $500. It might not be so value for money after all.

Try People's Audio in people's park complex.

I bought my DM7 (3cd changer + amp + speakers) for less than $629 eons ago. Didn't know DM3 is so expensive. I thought it costs less than $500. It might not be so value for money after all.

That's the price i got from a particular shop's website so maybe the price of $629 is for exports and,who knows, the local price might be cheaper.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll definitely check the shop out. Maybe i can even snag a DM10. wink.gif

I was recommended the Sharp SD-EX111 by someone. It's an amp, reciever and CD deck all integrated into one pretty good looking case.

Here're link to the products:

http://www.laaudiofile.com/sdex111.html

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PA...PROD_ID=1004979

Does anyone here has experience with it? Or know where i can find it? SLS? People's Park?

Any idea how much the DM31 is going for now ?

From what i found online, the M31 is going for $629 and there seems to be only one retailer of this set in Singapore. sad2.gif

I got mine for $580 from Seng Heng at katong shopping center. Headphone output is not bad, but of course dedicated amps would be better.

Just to chip in, i got my U-DM31 at $550 after some haggling from a shop at 2nd level at SLS near Christmas last year. Not quite remember the name of the shop but just walk into the shop and you will see it with the other mini-micros.

Mine is with the Mission-designed speakers.

A silly question, it don't happen to be able to play mp3 rite ?

Nope. Just plain Redbook CD playback.

Edited by david watt