Sign in to follow this  
calvinwwh

Anyone who bought headphone from internet?

Hello everyone mellow.gif ,

I am new to this forum and hoping you guys could help me in giving me tips and advice? I have been looking at a few website searching for my dream headphone and before clicking on the buy now icon I need to know if you guy can share some of your experience when shopping online? By the way care to share which shipping option is best for headphone?

For the most part I've bought most of my new headphones from the internet (partly because I can't find any decent ones locally). The best I can advice is to stick with the most reputable company who offers a no quibble return policy. It cost a little extra but goes a long way for peace of mind.

Concerning shipping, most tend to be reliable just depends on your patience & how much you are willing to spend.

Check out the companies like Idealsound (for Etymotics and Shure earphones), toddthevinyljunkie.com (great service, reliable), Headphone.com, Meier Audio - http://home.t-online.de/home/meier-audio/. They are all Head-fi.org sponsers and know their stuff. Todd and Headphone.com also have generous 30 day no questions asked return policies. The links are all on www.head-fi.org

If you are more adventurous, there's always someone selling the previous month's "flavour of the month" headphone or amplifier on Head-fi's classified ads. But obviously there are risks, so best to buy from someone with good feedback and been active in Head-fi for some time. Shipping from the US to Singapore works out to be between US$20-25 via US Postal Service for decent sized headphones and stuff. You can ask around this forum for people to share shipping costs.

You can also contact Mackie from our forum if interested in Beyer headphones. headphone.gif

Edited by Scriberex

I usually buy used on Head-fi due to budget limitations, or dedicated products (headamps & ICs to be specific) manufactured by specific manufacturers. Got etys from Idealsound, I would recommend them for the price and prompt shipping. It's important to know what you want (esp. if buying used), then check up sites on pricing, and decide where to buy based on the seller's reputation/feedback.

Agree with naz on shipping, though cost is usually the most important consideration. Try to avoid ground shipping as that might take weeks to arrive, albeit the low cost.

I've bought from www.bluetin.com before. Quite happy with the service, prompt replies to my emails. Received my headphones about 3 weeks after placing the order - shipped from japan.